Pages (24): 1 2 3 4 5 24   
BK Akitas   09-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Yes boys and girls, it's TRUE.

I have VERY credible info from LaLa Land, though my sources can't seem to figure out why Beacon is dragging its feet. let's forgive them, shall we, since after all they have made the best possible casting choice.

I had the info months ago but couldn't say much until contracts were done.

So here you have it- Ryan Reynolds WILL play Jack.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Maggers   09-16-2007, 03:09 AM
BK Akitas Wrote:So here you have it- Ryan Reynolds WILL play Jack.

I hope it's true. He'd be a great Jack and he would also bring folks to the theater to see the movie.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Sigokat   09-16-2007, 05:37 AM
I will agree that he would pull people into the theaters, but do you all really think he is the best choice?

He's not very non-descript, more of a pretty boy, and he seems to thrive on the comedic aspects he brings to his roles...I do not see Ryan Reynolds as an action type character. What's he going to do when he's staring face to face with a Rakoshi? Tell it a joke?

Can Ryan Reynolds really portray the dark and murderous side of Jack that seeps through when he is wronged? See Crisscross

In the end he may be great as Jack, but I'm not holding my breath. If Blade 3 is his defining role for action then god help the man!!!

This is just one man's opinion, that contrary to the beliefs of some on this board, we are all still entitled too!!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Kenji   09-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Ryan Reynolds....? Hmm, well, I think he's better than Ashton Kutcher. :p
Barry Lee Dejasu   09-16-2007, 07:56 AM
*my eyes wander over to FPW, wide and questioning*

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
fpw   09-16-2007, 08:09 AM
[SIZE="3"]Well, you know, I'm supposed to keep mum until it's officially made public. But I will say this: Danni has excellent and credible sources (if you know what I'm saying and I think you do).[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Miller   09-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Good choice, IMO. For anyone who doubts that he can't get 'dark' enough, I suggest checking out The Amityville Horror. Not only is he seriously scary, he's surprisingly ripped and fairly bland-looking in it. I wasn't sold on him until I saw it.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Barry Lee Dejasu   09-16-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't object in the LEAST to the idea of him as Jack.

However, I still think Mark Wahlberg, Hugh Jackman, and Viggo Mortensen would have been the best choices.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
bones weep tedium   09-16-2007, 10:52 AM
sigokat Wrote:I will agree that he would pull people into the theaters, but do you all really think he is the best choice?

He's not very non-descript, more of a pretty boy, and he seems to thrive on the comedic aspects he brings to his roles...I do not see Ryan Reynolds as an action type character. What's he going to do when he's staring face to face with a Rakoshi? Tell it a joke?

Can Ryan Reynolds really portray the dark and murderous side of Jack that seeps through when he is wronged? See Crisscross

In the end he may be great as Jack, but I'm not holding my breath. If Blade 3 is his defining role for action then god help the man!!!

This is just one man's opinion, that contrary to the beliefs of some on this board, we are all still entitled too!!

I have one word for you, Sigokat:

Go watch Smokin' Aces.

I supppose that's more like four words, maybe three if you hyphenate 'Go-watch'? I dunno.

But he can play angry and tough. He's really good in that.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Noelie   09-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Smokin' Aces and The Amityville Horror are the two movies that made me realize that I would *love* him as Jack. He looked utterly normal and not at all pretty boy in both of those and holy cow, can he do angry, tough and dangerous. While I loved him in Blade 3, he's capable of far more than that.

This is happy, happy news. Big Grin

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Pages (24): 1 2 3 4 5 24