Pages (24):    1 20 21 22 23 24
bones weep tedium   05-29-2008, 04:51 AM
This is for the pair of you:

:nono:

Here's a bird and a scowl.

:yikes:

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Wapitikev   05-29-2008, 12:06 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:This is for the pair of you:

:nono:

Here's a bird and a scowl.

:yikes:

Now that the weather is warmer, would someone please de-worm the Rakosh.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
bones weep tedium   05-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Now that the weather is warmer, would someone please de-worm the Rakosh.

-Wapitikev

Someone please do! He's beginning to make a real mess of this my posts!! :yikes:
Attached Files
.gif
RAKOSH-SCOOCH.gif (Size: 10.19 KB Downloads: 208)

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Wapitikev   05-29-2008, 08:36 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Someone please do! He's beginning to make a real mess of this my posts!! :yikes:

[ROTFLMFAO, can't breathe, trying not to pee]

That's the funniest damn thing I've seen in a long time, Bones.

Thanks. [wipes tears from his eyes]

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Auskar   05-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Ryan Reynolds would be fine as Jack. This is Hollywood, after all. Just make the movie, damn it! Then we can decide individually whether it is a good movie or a bad movie, or whatever. Just make the movie.
unsupervised   03-19-2010, 01:34 AM
Hi, I'm New Smile

so I thought I'd just jump in right here.

I think I'm coming to terms with Reynolds as Jack, guess I have to

my only issue...

"did you get a look at the shooter?"

"well, I dunno officer, he was pretty average. Average height, average weight... oh, did I mention he was cross-eyed?"
t4terrific   03-19-2010, 09:40 AM
unsupervised Wrote:Hi, I'm New Smile

so I thought I'd just jump in right here.

I think I'm coming to terms with Reynolds as Jack, guess I have to

my only issue...

"did you get a look at the shooter?"

"well, I dunno officer, he was pretty average. Average height, average weight... oh, did I mention he was cross-eyed?"

Since the movie won't be made any time soon, you can imagine any actor you'd like for the part.
Our friend, and faithful author, FPW, doesn't seem to think a movie will get made anyway. Maybe he's just a devout pessimist as well.
unsupervised   03-19-2010, 01:09 PM
I can understand the pessimism as we see Hollywood more interested in remakes and regurgitations of old movies and TV shows. The idea of a new and original story must be repugnant!
A-Team
Hawaii 5-0
Repo Men
bla bla bla

However, on IMDB there is an unnamed Reynolds project in pre-production. I'm just not enough of a pop culture junkie to pay for IMDBpro where I could see the details :p
sebeene   04-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:I don't object in the LEAST to the idea of him as Jack.

However, I still think Mark Wahlberg, Hugh Jackman, and Viggo Mortensen would have been the best choices.

I think they're all too old to play Jack and waaaay too bigscreen movie star to be credible as a guy that could just disappear in a crowd. The guy I really see as Jack is the actor Joshua Jackson who plays Peter Bishop on Fringe. He's easy on the eyes, appears physical enough in a non-threatening way and is just low key enough to be able to slide his ball cap over eyes and become invisible on a crowded subway. Every time my husband and I watch Fringe we both comment on how brilliant he'd be in the role of Jack. He even has kind of an East Coast accent.
sebeene   04-07-2010, 06:24 PM
t4terrific Wrote:Since the movie won't be made any time soon, you can imagine any actor you'd like for the part.
Our friend, and faithful author, FPW, doesn't seem to think a movie will get made anyway. Maybe he's just a devout pessimist as well.

I actually remember the movie The Keep, I think it was back in the 80s. I read The Tomb back then and was praying that Hollywood would make a film out of it, but it never happened. I'm not optimistic about this either. Some of the best books are optioned even before they're on the shelves and never get made for whatever the reason. I love Patricia Cornwell's books and was exicted (though muted because Demi Moore wanted to play Scarpetta) when From Potter's Field was optioned, but it got hung up, supposedly from a conflict between Moore and Cornwell.

Fox has done some pretty satisfying miniseries-making of Dean Koontz's Sole Survivor and Intensity (really very first rate casting and handling), and they could really be an ideal venue for the RJ series of books. Wish I could will it to happen by thinking it out loud, but so far, I'm out of luck.
Pages (24):    1 20 21 22 23 24