Scott Miller   04-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Don't any of us watch movies any more? Barely ant reviews these days.

Anyway I got many a laugh out of Death At A Funeral. A dysfunctional British family reunites for a funeral and much carnage ensues-much of it quite funny. Allen Tuydk was hilariious as a future son-in-law who gets slipped a mickey; he has as many facial expressions as Jim Carrey.

I see they have made an American version with Chris Rock and martin Lawrence and without having seen it, I'm still going to recommend you do yourself a favor and watch the original instead.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Aprilis   04-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Don't any of us watch movies any more? Barely ant reviews these days.

Anyway I got many a laugh out of Death At A Funeral. A dysfunctional British family reunites for a funeral and much carnage ensues-much of it quite funny. Allen Tuydk was hilariious as a future son-in-law who gets slipped a mickey; he has as many facial expressions as Jim Carrey.

I see they have made an American version with Chris Rock and martin Lawrence and without having seen it, I'm still going to recommend you do yourself a favor and watch the original instead.

I rented this awhile back. It was really funny... I just LOVE british movies ... and tv shows ... and their humor ...

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Kenji   04-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Don't any of us watch movies any more? Barely ant reviews these days.

I'm watching movies constantly. Smile This month, I'll go to see many new movies, Shutter Island, District 9, Moon, Alice in Wonderland, Clash of the Titans, and Wolfman.

Scott Miller Wrote:Anyway I got many a laugh out of Death At A Funeral. A dysfunctional British family reunites for a funeral and much carnage ensues-much of it quite funny. Allen Tuydk was hilariious as a future son-in-law who gets slipped a mickey; he has as many facial expressions as Jim Carrey.

I like comedy, so I'll see it.

Chris Rock and Martin Lawrence......sounds noisy and funny! Big Grin
This post was last modified: 04-04-2010, 05:08 AM by Kenji.
t4terrific   04-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Kenji Wrote:I'm watching movies constantly. Smile This month, I'll go to see many new movies, Shutter Island, District 9, Moon, Alice in Wonderland, Clash of the Titans, and Wolfman.

Big Grin
Of those, I've seen Shutter Island, District 9, and Alice. You will like them all. You seem to be such a movie fan that you can find something to like about most movies.

Shutter Island, for me was phenominal. You should love it. Alice and District were good, but I didn't really love them. I'll skip Wolfman, but will see Clash of the Titans as soon as I get a chance.
Scott Miller   04-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Kenji Wrote:I'm watching movies constantly. Smile This month, I'll go to see many new movies, Shutter Island, District 9, Moon, Alice in Wonderland, Clash of the Titans, and Wolfman.

Man I'm envious of you; there was a time when we went to the movies almost every Friday but now I'm lucky to go to the theater once every other month. I liked both District 9 and The Wolfman and wouldn't mind seeing the others except for Alice In Wonderland, which I'll probably see anyway because my kids want to see it.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Sigokat   04-06-2010, 12:01 PM
I saw Death at a Funeral a while back and I actually have it at my house from Netflix again. A great British comedy and well worth the watch. As for the American version...yeah, I'll skip it.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
saynomore   04-07-2010, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Scott. I always find the Brit version of flicks superior for the dry wit. I'll see the Brit version before deciding on the American version.

AC