Pages (2):    1 2
Kenji   04-09-2010, 11:13 AM
t4terrific Wrote:I'm in Miami, on business. Boredom overtook me tonight, so I took in a movie. I was torn between Shutter Island and The Crazies. I still intend to see The Crazies, but how could I pass on Scorsese?

I must say, it was my favorite Scorsese since Gangs of New York. I never read the book, but it must have been a dandy. I will only say the ending, while I expected similar, was still surprising to me. I can't believe I didn't start putting the pieces together earlier, but it's better to be enlightened than confirmed.

Anyway 8 out of 10, and one of Martin's better films.

P.S., for a guy who used to strongly dislike DiCaprio, I'm surprised how much I've enjoyed his work over the last 8 or 9 years. He's had quite a few great performances in some great films. I guess Scorsese can do that to an actor (see Robert De Niro).

I agree with you, t4.

I read the book by Denis Lehane, and it was really excellent and the ending surprised me.

And the movie was.....well, it was perfect as much as the novel. Martin Scorsese didn't let me down. I already knew that twisted ending, but I enjoyed it.

btw, tomorrow I'm going to see "District 9". Smile
GeraldRice   04-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Tony, you should be doing this professionally somewhere. I mean, seriously, you should get paid for this. I enjoy every single one of your reviews and I think I have the same taste in movies as you do.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Pages (2):    1 2