angst-laden actor, I've lost track of all the wise-cracking
comments the character Repairman Jack has made (and
mentally soliliquized) throughout the course of this book
series.

Reynolds is perfect in age and looks to kick off a 10-year run
of movies.

One thing. Where as Repairman Jack is just shy of 6 foot (at least
I think I remember that as being the description, feel free to
correct me), Reynolds certainly "looks" to be a hulking 6'4" tall...

But I guess that is a better direction to go than, say, 5'9" Sylvester
Stallone pretending to be a 6'1' and 225 lbs during all of the
Rocky Movies (surrounding himself with short actors to make
him look taller, etc.).

Reynolds will be the Hollywoodized version of Jack, bigger, stronger,
and probably even more of a smart-ass.

Should be a fun ride!

Mike Big Grin

P.S. - (B)abe (K)ute Akitas has "contacts" in Hollywoodland? Why
this hot damsel gets more and more interesting all the time... Wink
This post was last modified: 09-16-2007, 12:23 PM by Mike Hanson.
Sigokat   09-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Well I stand corrected as far as Ryan Reynolds acting abilities. Since I am on my way to the DFAC I will go by the video rental place and see if they have Amnityville Horror or Smokin' Aces.

Guess I'll comment again after watching one of these.

On a different note...I think I pulled a chest muscle at the gym tonight...it really hurts.Sad

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
BK Akitas   09-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Maggers Wrote:I hope it's true. He'd be a great Jack and he would also bring folks to the theater to see the movie.

Tis 100% true. Done deal. The Keeters say you can take it to the bank. What they can't tell you is a shooting schedule, but if I get that info I'll pass it on.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
bones weep tedium   09-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Who's this Danni that FPW mentioned? :confused:

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
BK Akitas   09-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Mike Hanson Wrote:P.S. - (B)abe (K)ute Akitas has "contacts" in Hollywoodland? Why
this hot damsel gets more and more interesting all the time... Wink

awww Mike you're making me blush Smile

I gotta agree with everything you said, when I first heard RR was getting the part, I was thrilled. I think he's perfect for Jack. This is our mooney face wise cracking, grandma cross dressing thug thumping, ralph driving, old movie film festival watchin', ass kickin JACK.

KYFHO Racing Team

metllicamilitia   09-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Good choice, IMO. For anyone who doubts that he can't get 'dark' enough, I suggest checking out The Amityville Horror. Not only is he seriously scary, he's surprisingly ripped and fairly bland-looking in it. I wasn't sold on him until I saw it.

Glad I read some more posts because this exactly what I was going to say. If you haven't see The Amityville Horror with him in it, you should. He's very serious in it and actually kind of creepy. I think that Ryan Reynolds is a good choice for Jack. Yeah, he's not average but he's not real obvious to pick out a crowd either.

"And the rain will kill us all, we throw ourselves against the wall, but no else can see, the preservation of the martyr in me" - [B]Corey Taylor
---------------------------------------------------
[/B]"I, am a worm before I am a man, I, was a creature before I could stand, I, will remember before I forget, before I forget this" - [B]Corey Taylor
---------------------------------------------------
[/B]"Dead visions in your name, dead fingers in my veins, dead memories in my heart" - Corey Taylor
cobalt   09-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks BK.....we finally know who will play Jack. I think he'll be a good choice. A tad taller than we think Jack could be, but that will just make Jack seem more menacing when he needs to be.

EWMAN
Marc   09-16-2007, 03:00 PM
I still say unless they get something underway in the next few months don't expect the RJ movie to go into production until next fall. As for Reynolds, there is an In Development project listed over at IMDB Pro called "The Proposal". This might be an alternate title to throw people off though. It's slated for release in 2009. If it is the same movie, which seems unlikely based on the writers that have been involved, then you can expect Sandra Bullock to have a roll.
BK Akitas   09-16-2007, 04:42 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Thanks BK.....we finally know who will play Jack. I think he'll be a good choice. A tad taller than we think Jack could be, but that will just make Jack seem more menacing when he needs to be.

Taller is ok by me Smile I love a man I can actually look up to Smile

Hoping they get off their collective asses and get filming NOW. As long as I don't get told to ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh, I'll post whatever I hear. Unless I say it's writ in stone though, some of it might just be shop talk.

Kind of hoping RR is lurking about getting a feel for the fan base, he ought to find a warm welcome around here.

KYFHO Racing Team

Kenji   09-16-2007, 05:24 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Who's this Danni that FPW mentioned? :confused:

BK Akita's daughter.
Pages (24):    1 2 3 4 5 24