Pages (24):    1 2 3 4 5 24   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-16-2007, 08:06 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Well, you know, I'm supposed to keep mum until it's officially made public. But I will say this: Danni has excellent and credible sources (if you know what I'm saying and I think you do).[/SIZE]

Dadburnit! So I guess this means Biggles and I can't play Jack even in...hmmm...dream sequences.:mad:

But wait! There will be sequels to come!Big Grin
BK Akitas   09-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Sorry Kenji, close but no cigar.

Danni is ME. Dannielle, "Danni" to my friends, which of course includes all of you. My daughter is Brianna aka The Princess of Almost Everything.

I really am sorry I couldn't confirm this earlier guys, I got shushed fast while negotiations were continuing but saw no reason to hold off any more.

Hmm, wonder if I can find out who any of the other parts are going to..

hang in there ya'll, keep the faith.
This post was last modified: 09-16-2007, 11:37 PM by BK Akitas.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Sam   09-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Noelie Wrote:Smokin' Aces and The Amityville Horror are the two movies that made me realize that I would *love* him as Jack. He looked utterly normal and not at all pretty boy in both of those and holy cow, can he do angry, tough and dangerous. While I loved him in Blade 3, he's capable of far more than that.

This is happy, happy news. Big Grin

Same here, Noelie. I'd only seen Ryan's comedic side until Blade 3 and could tell he had good Hollywood action ability, but I couldn't imagine him finding Jack's bad side. He just didn't have that face or demeanor that would make you think he was capable of portraying a character with a vicious side. (Which in hindsight is actually perfect for Jack.) Then I saw Amityville - namely, the scene where he grabs the boy by the face for letting go of the firewood - that's when I seen it in his eyes. Then Aces came out and his action ability had really improved. I never really picked him as Jack, but I certainly have no complaints!!

I wonder... has he contacted FPW for advice on how to become Jack or is he stuck with Hollywood's interpretation??

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Auskar   09-16-2007, 08:46 PM
I think Ryan Reynolds will make a fine Repairman Jack. Good luck to all involved in making a successful movie.
joelfinkle   09-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Ryan's got the Everyman look Jack needs, we'll have to see if he's got the action chops (haven't seen Smokin' Aces).

OK, now we need a Gia.
Can we start speculation? Katherine Heigl, perhaps? (I'm going to be so embarassed if I'm misremembering Gia as blonde)
Auskar   09-16-2007, 09:03 PM
joelfinkle Wrote:OK, now we need a Gia. Can we start speculation? Katherine Heigl, perhaps? (I'm going to be so embarassed if I'm misremembering Gia as blonde)
Hey, it's the movies! No need to cast a character based on a discription in the novel, but... as far as I remember, Gia is a blonde. Or maybe I'm thinking of another character in another novel named Karen. Regardless, Katherine Heigl is a fine blonde.
webby   09-16-2007, 10:46 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:Yes boys and girls, it's TRUE.

I have VERY credible info from LaLa Land, though my sources can't seem to figure out why Beacon is dragging its feet. let's forgive them, shall we, since after all they have made the best possible casting choice.

I had the info months ago but couldn't say much until contracts were done.

So here you have it- Ryan Reynolds WILL play Jack.

An EXCELLENT choice - I'm completely thrilled!

Danni, you are my new hero! ThankYouThankYouThankYou for breaking the news![Image: bow.gif]

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Biggles   09-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Dadburnit! So I guess this means Biggles and I can't play Jack even in...hmmm...dream sequences.:mad:

But wait! There will be sequels to come!Big Grin

Sorry Mike, but I'm being cast as Jack in the later movies, where he's in the retirement home reminiscing about his early years. Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
dejo   09-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Well, I for one am happy as heck that Ryan Reynolds, a fellow Canadian, will be portraying Jack! Way to go, eh?!
KRW   09-17-2007, 02:27 AM
An anagram for Ryan Reynolds..... An Dryly Snore. Let's hope not.Cool
Pages (24):    1 2 3 4 5 24