Pages (46): 1 2 3 4 5 46   
Maggers   12-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Well, kiddies, the 4th season of LOST will be with us before you know it. (Sometime in February, I think.)

I got the boxed set of the DVD's of Season 3 and am enjoying them immensely. Big Grin

Seriously, watching a series continuously like that is my favorite way of watching TV these days. (1) I'm getting more from the series than I did when watching in segments; (2) it's beautifully filmed and just great to watch; (3) it just makes more sense, and in LOST, that counts for a lot; (4) I'm making more connections than I did before.

I know most people don't have the time to dedicate hours and hours of viewing to one show, but if you don't mind some late nights, it's a lot of fun.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   12-17-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm concerned that the writers strike is going to delay Lost. I hope not. I'm counting on Lost to help bridge the gap from football season to baseball season. I think I'll pick up season 3 for some uninterrupted viewing.
Marc   12-17-2007, 08:50 PM
It begins January 31 and they only have 8 of their 16 episodes complete due to the writers strike.
bones weep tedium   12-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Me n Sorrel just finished a two-week-binge on Lost. I agree 108% with Maggers --- watching entire seasons of a series is much more satisfaying than waiting each week for it.

The only problem now is that we are really anxious to see season 4. Do we watch it week by week, or try to ignore it as best we can and wait to watch it as a season when it is finished?

We would prefer to wait until it is available to watch as an entire season, but the only problem with that is that we would have to avoid going online or talking to freinds for the next 3 months!! Big Grin

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
ccosborne3   01-11-2008, 11:25 AM
ABC is gearing up for the Lost premier by releasing some webisodes. Each one is about 2-3 minutes long. Some pretty good stuff there.

Check it out.

http://abc.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/index
This post was last modified: 01-11-2008, 11:27 AM by ccosborne3.
Maggers   01-11-2008, 12:55 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:ABC is gearing up for the Lost premier by releasing some webisodes. Each one is about 2-3 minutes long. Some pretty good stuff there.

Check it out.

http://abc.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/index

I KNOW! I love, love, love the one with the rabbit...er...make that rabbits. I suspect that will play a pivotal role in the season or seasons to come. Another quirky power of The Island.

I'm going through the entire series again now, from the first episode to the last. Great watching each night before bed. These shows are so rich they can be watched a hundred times, which is about how many times I've seen 'em.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Marc   01-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Francine and I are going through the first three season now. It is actually really interesting to see all the little connections they were setting up that one forgets a season or two later when it becomes relevant. The only thing I'm not enjoying is Ana-Lucia's storyline. I didn't like it the first time I saw it and am hating more on the second time through.
RichE   01-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Anyone know about what has happend to JERICO? The show was saved but I haven't seen anything about when its going to be on.
Marc   01-11-2008, 02:58 PM
RichE Wrote:Anyone know about what has happend to JERICO? The show was saved but I haven't seen anything about when its going to be on.

I believe they're going to start airing the remaining 7 (or is it 8?) episodes in Feb.
Maggers   01-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Francine and I are going through the first three season now. It is actually really interesting to see all the little connections they were setting up that one forgets a season or two later when it becomes relevant. The only thing I'm not enjoying is Ana-Lucia's storyline. I didn't like it the first time I saw it and am hating more on the second time through.

Without a doubt, watching the series from the beginning with 20-20 hindsight gives you a great perspective. It's great fun to see all the myriad connections. There are also little things that don't match up,but later for that.

I agree, Marc, I hated Ana-Lucia from the get-go. She doesn't get any better on repeated viewings.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (46): 1 2 3 4 5 46