Kenji   12-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Today I saw "Death Race" in a theatre.

Well, I knew this is Jason Statham's action movie. When I saw this trailer, it looked silly. But today was boring, and I had coupon tickets.

Actually, it was not bad, but not great. The whole race scenes looked like video game. But it was not like "Speed Racer". "Death Race" is rusty metal version of "Mad Max 2" in prison. Also, don't care to story. The story is corny and mediocre.

I liked only one thing. Joan Allen as bitchy warden. I saw some of her movies. Tucker, In Country, The Contender, and The Bourne Supremacy. So far she played sophisticated characters. But in this "Death Race", she surprised me. She barked, "Okay cocksucker! Fuck with me, and we'll see who shits on the sidewalk."

:eek6:
Sigokat   12-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Kenji, I agree. I borrowed a bootleg copy from one of my troops and while I didn't expect much (I never do from Jason Statham movies, with the exception of Snatch) it wasn't all that bad.

It was actually a remake of Death Race 2000, but its been so long since I've seen that one I barely remember much except the overall concept.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Kenji   12-06-2008, 11:18 AM
sigokat Wrote:Kenji, I agree. I borrowed a bootleg copy from one of my troops and while I didn't expect much (I never do from Jason Statham movies, with the exception of Snatch) it wasn't all that bad.

It was actually a remake of Death Race 2000, but its been so long since I've seen that one I barely remember much except the overall concept.

Sigokat, I saw "Death Race 2000". But it was a loooooooong time ago, so I don't remember much. I remember Stallone was in it......
Sigokat   12-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah I thought Stallone was in it as well. It has been a long time since I saw that movie!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck