Pages (46):    1 2 3 4 5 46   
RichE   01-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I believe they're going to start airing the remaining 7 (or is it 8?) episodes in Feb.

That's great! I really enjoyed the series and was shocked when they pulled it.
Dave F   01-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Feb 3rd overhere for Lost season 4

Excited? you betcha!

The artist formally known as Britfan
Maggers   01-21-2008, 03:45 AM
I always thought Penny's father, the head of Widmore Industries and full fledged meanie, is the power behind the Dharma Initiative. I'd never seen proof, until I caught an Easter egg in the 3rd season. The Easter egg is on screen just a few seconds. Of course, what I consider proof will probably be turned on its ear during this new season.

It's in the scene where Desmond goes to meet Penny's father in his big, fancy office to ask for Penny's hand in marriage. Desmond is feeling trippy, having been blown into the past by the implosion of the hatch, or so it seems. Desmond is seated in the office and turns to look at a huge painting on the wall. Across the top, written in large black letters is the word "ETSAMAN," which is, of course, "NAMASTE" spelled backwards. A few minutes later, in a reflection, you can read "Namaste." The painting features a huge polar bear standing on his hind legs in front of a white mountain range, with a bust of buddha next to it, inverted. It's painted in tropical colors that give it a jungle feel.

I've seen that episode a few times but never caught the full meaning of that painting.

Very cool....

I can't wait until January 31st. I'm ready for all the curves to be thrown so that I'll never be able to figure anything out ahead of time.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Paul R   01-21-2008, 08:12 AM
I too am counting down the days - and re-watching season 3 for my refresher course.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I've never been drawn in by a TV programme so much. And I can't wait for Season 4. Just a shame it looks like it's going to be a short one, what with the writers strike still going on.

"I handed in the new RJ novel with the
working title, BY THE SWORD. David says the sales force loved the title at the
pre Turkey-Day sales meeting, so that's what it will be. That means Paul Ramplin
gets a credit line in the acknowledgments.
"
tenebroust   01-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Paul R Wrote:I too am counting down the days - and re-watching season 3 for my refresher course.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I've never been drawn in by a TV programme so much. And I can't wait for Season 4. Just a shame it looks like it's going to be a short one, what with the writers strike still going on.

I have never gotten into this series, but it's longevity has me intrigued. Can one of you fine people give me a basic summary of what the story is and how it has evolved over the years? A daunting task? Probably. I know people were on a plane which crashed on an "island" and weird stuff started happening, like the one character being able to walk even though he was paralysed. Strange artifacts have been found. There are other people called the "others" 'natch. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me just a sort of basic linear outline of the show.

Make copies for yourself YOU HANGMAN ROPE GANGSTER SCUM-ON-TOP! Laugh your MAD GIGGLE NOW!
Francis E. Dec Esquire
Visit the Official Francis E. Dec fan club at http://www.bentoandstarchky.com

For the politically active you might like my website at:
http://www.platformforthefuture.com/main
Marc   01-21-2008, 01:08 PM
tenebroust Wrote:Can one of you fine people give me a basic summary of what the story is and how it has evolved over the years? A daunting task?

LOST:The Story So Far in 8 min.
Maggers   01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Paul R Wrote:I too am counting down the days - and re-watching season 3 for my refresher course.

They've got to settle the writers' striker soon if only so we don't become LOST-deprived all over again. It's been hard enough to wait an additional half-season for LOST to return, just based on its extraordinary production schedule.

I've watched the entire series again, all three seasons. It's fabulous, what can I say. I had written earlier that Ana-Lucia's story is hard to watch. Well, when she's being a royal bitch and waving her gun and attitude all over the place, she is a walking misery. But as I watched the second season again, I was more touched by the end of her story than I had been previously.

I was also more drawn into Jack and Juliet's relationship and understood it better watching the entire series again.

As much as I love ROME, the HBO series, and I think it's superlative television viewing, there just is no show like LOST. LOST makes me want to be on that island with them. Or maybe I just need a real island vacation. Smile

The link that Marc posted is a must for everyone to see. It's hilarious and it does tell the whole LOST story in 8 minutes.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

tenebroust   01-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Marc B. Wrote:LOST:The Story So Far in 8 min.

Awesome. Thanks, it helped a lot! I still have questions but WHO WOULDN'T!

Make copies for yourself YOU HANGMAN ROPE GANGSTER SCUM-ON-TOP! Laugh your MAD GIGGLE NOW!
Francis E. Dec Esquire
Visit the Official Francis E. Dec fan club at http://www.bentoandstarchky.com

For the politically active you might like my website at:
http://www.platformforthefuture.com/main
Barry Lee Dejasu   01-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Marc B. Wrote:It begins January 31 and they only have 8 of their 16 episodes complete due to the writers strike.

What do you mean, 8 out of 16? Why only 16? Why not the usual 23?

I've purposely been avoiding any and every bit of news surrounding LOST, because people just loooooooooooooove to give things away in their stories. For instance, I knew a certain thing about Charlie from Season 3 (try and guess what) while in the middle of 2...and it pissed me off to no end and I kept hoping I hadn't heard/read right. At least now I'm caught up with the rest of the world.

But back to my point: I didn't know that there were only 16 planned episodes...could someone elaborate?

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Sigokat   01-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Marc B. Wrote:LOST:The Story So Far in 8 min.

Cool...now that I've seen this clip (I had only seen Season1 before) I think I'm ready for Season 4.

Why watch all the seasons again when this cool clip is available!! Its pretty funny too!

Thanks, Marc

P.S. Now I actually kind of want to see this again (I had no interest and thought it was kind of stupid after season 1)...if only to find out if what I'0 r5ght ab64t what the statue (the foot) used to be
This post was last modified: 01-27-2008, 12:24 PM by Sigokat.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Pages (46):    1 2 3 4 5 46