Pages (46):    1 2 3 4 5 46   
Marc   01-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:What do you mean, 8 out of 16? Why only 16? Why not the usual 23?

Actually, LOST has 24 episodes per season though usually the season finale is the two last episodes combined. I point this out because it matters for the rest of the explanation. Smile

The writers wanted to end the series after two more seasons bringing the total to five. But LOST being such a money maker ABC wanted at least four more seasons. The compromise was three seasons but reducing each season to 16 episodes: 16+16+16 = 48 episodes total over three years. 48/2 = 24.

So you see... we're actually getting two seasons like the writers wanted extended over three years which is what ABC wanted.
Maggers   01-27-2008, 04:18 PM
sigokat Wrote:..
Why watch all the seasons again when this cool clip is available!! Its pretty funny too!..

You probably know this already if you watched all of Season 1, but more than any show I've ever seen, the devil is the details with LOST. And I do mean the devil. Big Grin

I've seen each season at least 4 times (yes, I'm nuts about this series), and with each viewing I saw something that I'd missed before, and I'm an astute viewer (at least I'd like to think I am).

So, if you have the time, it is definitely worth it to watch all of the show.

But if you need to catch up in 8 minutes, that little clip is great. You should be aware that major plot points have been left out of the clip, I imagine so as not to spoil things for those who haven't seen the entire series.

Quote:P.S. Now I actually kind of want to see this again (I had no interest and thought it was kind of stupid after season 1)...if only to find out ... what the statue (the foot) used to be

We're all still waiting to find out about that foot. Wink It hasn't been revealed yet.

If you have the opportunity to go to ABC.com and watch the little snippets of the show that haven't been seen before, it's really worth it. There was one that I saw that is no longer shown on the web. It is, however, in the extra disc in the Season 3 set. It's important, and might explain some serious weirdness that I think is coming in Season 4 and beyond. It has to do with rabbits.
This post was last modified: 01-27-2008, 06:20 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Marc   01-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Maggers Wrote:We're all still waiting to find out about that foot. Wink It hasn't been revealed yet.

It's suppose to be revealed sometime this season.
Maggers   01-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Seeing as how neither Locke nor Rosseau wants to leave the island, do you think they'll hook up? They're age appropriate, they can hunt, throw knives and shoot. They're the ultimate outdoorsy couple. I think it's a match made in heaven, or Island hell. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

cobalt   01-27-2008, 08:38 PM
I finally had the time to look at that 8 min. clip.....................now I can't wait for LOST to start again......Smile

EWMAN
Aprilis   01-29-2008, 11:51 PM
I've been telling everyone at work 5 days until LOST ... 3 days until LOST and so on .... they think I'm crazy because apparently no one on my 'team' watches LOST.
their loss BUT I am so excited ...
Smile
Maggers   01-31-2008, 01:09 AM
Oooooh! It was great to see LOST back on the small screen, even though it was the final episode of last season. The pop up information was fun to read.

Can't wait 'til tomorrow!!!!!

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   01-31-2008, 01:48 AM
Maggers Wrote:Oooooh! It was great to see LOST back on the small screen, even though it was the final episode of last season. The pop up information was fun to read.

Can't wait 'til tomorrow!!!!!

I liked it too. Reminded me of the old VH1 pop up videos.
cobalt   01-31-2008, 03:40 PM
I know where I'll be...........glued to the TV.

EWMAN
Aprilis   01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Reminded me of the old VH1 pop up videos.

Thats what I thought of too
Smile
Pages (46):    1 2 3 4 5 46