Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7
Maggers   07-28-2005, 09:27 PM
The Mad American Wrote:It just hit me today who the actor that plays Doctor Crane and Scarecrow is and where I have seen him before. His name is I believe Cillian Murphy....

Cillian Murphy is starring in a new horror flick "Red Eye." I think Jim posted the trailer to it a long time ago.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   07-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Maggers Wrote:Cillian Murphy is starring in a new horror flick "Red Eye." I think Jim posted the trailer to it a long time ago.
Yeah, here:

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...php?t=3390

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
XiaoYu   09-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Watched this movie for the second time with friends last night and it was still just as good. I found I prefer the second half with the fighting and coolness in the city because it made me think of Jack a lot, what with rooftop chases, spying, stocking up on materials, research, listening in on conversations and mysteriously popping up in the dark. Cool Bale's look in this movie has a lot of parallels to what Jack looks like in my head too, though I see Jack as more slender and wiry.

Holy heck, The Mad American, it really is the guy from 28 Days Later as Dr. Crane. :eek: Totally missed that. I watched 28 Days Later but never connected Scarecrow with that movie. I like Murphy as the psychotic doctor in Batman Begins much better than as a guy with zombies even though his role wasn't as big. He seems to have much more personality.

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
jimbow8   09-24-2005, 11:54 PM
XiaoYu Wrote:Watched this movie for the second time with friends last night and it was still just as good. I found I prefer the second half with the fighting and coolness in the city because it made me think of Jack a lot, what with rooftop chases, spying, stocking up on materials, research, listening in on conversations and mysteriously popping up in the dark. Cool Bale's look in this movie has a lot of parallels to what Jack looks like in my head too, though I see Jack as more slender and wiry.

Holy heck, The Mad American, it really is the guy from 28 Days Later as Dr. Crane. :eek: Totally missed that. I watched 28 Days Later but never connected Scarecrow with that movie. I like Murphy as the psychotic doctor in Batman Begins much better than as a guy with zombies even though his role wasn't as big. He seems to have much more personality.
Cillian Murphy (Scarecrow) is also in Red Eye. He's pretty creepy in that too. Check it out.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   09-25-2005, 06:33 AM
In October 27, DVD is released in Japan. Of course, I buy it! Smile
Medusa   12-13-2005, 01:39 AM
We FINALLY saw this! It was great! Christian Bale makes a great Batman. I like the way the vilian isn't quite so comical.
Kenji   12-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Medusa Wrote:We FINALLY saw this! It was great! Christian Bale makes a great Batman. I like the way the vilian isn't quite so comical.

Yes, you're right. Scarecrow is NOT comical villain, but villains in Batman are almost comical. Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Two-face, etc etc. Batman is serious character, so his opponents are comical. That's good balance. That's my opinion.

Oh, I can hardly wait sequel! That last scene(Chief Gordon showed something to Batman) brought pleasure to me. Big Grin
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7