Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 6 7   
ShadowLord   06-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Ok took the whole family to see the film.....

Nobody thought it was that great..

How do I put this..yes this was "Batman the way he should be shown."

I liked certain parts of the movie very much but found it just dragged a little to often. Maybe 10 or 15 min shorter would have helped.

ShadowLord
Maggers   06-20-2005, 01:25 PM
ShadowLord Wrote:Ok took the whole family to see the film.....

Nobody thought it was that great..

How do I put this..yes this was "Batman the way he should be shown."

I liked certain parts of the movie very much but found it just dragged a little to often. Maybe 10 or 15 min shorter would have helped.

ShadowLord

Holy Editors, Batman! I was on the edge of my seat for most of the movie. It didn't drag for me at all.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   06-20-2005, 01:31 PM
I liked the movie. Visually stunning (so was Burton's), but I thought some of the plot was a jumbled mess. And I didn't like the editing of the fight scenes. As for the "twist" I didn't see it coming, but I also didn't see it as adding anything substantial to the movie or affecting the plot very much. I really liked some of the training sequences (especially on the ice), and I thought Michael Caine was outstanding as Alfred.

Overall, I think I still like Burton's version better, but this one might grow on me.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   06-20-2005, 04:11 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:As for the "twist" I didn't see it coming....

MAJOR BATMAN SPOILERS BELOW...CAUTION...CAUTION...CAUTION...

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT...YOU GET THE PICTURE

DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.....

I saw the "twist." I recognized the drugged scarecrow sequences as being virtually the same sensations, so to speak, that were experienced by Bruce after sniffing the vaporized blue flower on the mountaintop reserve. So I figured (1) same drug, which meant (2) Liam Neeson was in on the whole gig. I didn't see that he used the name of Ra's Al Ghul, so that I missed. But I knew that he was going to come back, and once the spacy drug sequences were shown, I knew the connection and knew that he was going to come back baaaaad.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   06-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Maggers Wrote:MAJOR BATMAN SPOILERS BELOW...CAUTION...CAUTION...CAUTION...

I saw the "twist." I recognized the drugged scarecrow sequences as being virtually the same sensations, so to speak, that were experienced by Bruce after sniffing the vaporized blue flower on the mountaintop reserve. So I figured (1) same drug, which meant (2) Liam Neeson was in on the whole gig. I didn't see that he used the name of Ra's Al Ghul, so that I missed. But I knew that he was going to come back, and once the spacy drug sequences were shown, I knew the connection and knew that he was going to come back baaaaad.
I was referring to the "twist" being that he was actually Ras Al Ghul. The fact that the blue flower was the drug, I found inconsequential, though I didn't correlate it to Bruce's use on the mountain. Neeson had already turned into a bad guy on the mountain, and Scarecrow had pretty much spelled out that he was working for Ghul.

I DID really like the way it ended with Gary Oldman.

Like I said, maybe this one will grow on me, but for now..... meh!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Tony H   06-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Well, I for one found that this movie met and exceeded my expectations. Despite the lack of any substantial villian, I thought the movie played out quite well.

Batman was more intimidating and scary than he had been in any incarnation including Tim Burton's masterpiece. This film lacked the "something big" feel that Burton managed to implant in his film, this was gritty, dark and I for one find it more entertaining that the 1989 original.

I can't wait for the promise that the end of this film indicated in the future sequel. Batman Begins is a very different movie that one should enter leaving any preconceived notions at the door.

Chris Nolan took the franchise and made it his own, this is the way I always felt the films should look. To each his own though.

-Tony

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
DaveStrorm   06-20-2005, 06:47 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I was referring to the "twist" being that he was actually Ras Al Ghul. The fact that the blue flower was the drug, I found inconsequential, though I didn't correlate it to Bruce's use on the mountain. Neeson had already turned into a bad guy on the mountain, and Scarecrow had pretty much spelled out that he was working for Ghul.

Same for me. I connected the flower/drug properties from the mountain with the drug the Scarecrow was using and assumed Neeson's character was behind it. I, however, did not see it coming that Neeson was actually the head of that assassin group all along.
Blake   06-21-2005, 03:29 AM
Saw it tonight and loved, loved, loved it! It was so gritty and believable, and the character development was great. Does this mean we may finally get a Joker like the one in "Definitive Therapy"??? (Paul, maybe you should send Nolan a copy!) Smile

Comic book fans: Is Ra's Al Ghul a character from the comics, or was he made up for the film? Just curious. And how did Scarecrow compare to the comics?

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
CANADIANRJFAN   06-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Finally saw it & thought it was fantastic.
Scott Hajek   06-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Saw this on MSNBC.COM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8305017/

Now, if only I had a ton of money. And the suit. And the car. And maybe some training. And a bit less of the poundage. Whoo hoo!!! I'm almost there!

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 6 7