Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7   
Kenji   06-18-2005, 05:40 AM
I just got back from theater, and I wanna say "WooHoo!!!" Big Grin Still, my heartbeat is fast.

Now this is real Batman! I've been waiting for this new Batman/Bruce Wayne. Michael Keaton...? Well, he is not bad, but he doesn't look Bruce Wayne like original comics. Val Kilmer? No! Gimme a break! George Clooney? No! So I say "Batman is Christian Bale!" he is cool. I can't wait for next films.

Visual was awesome and stunned me. It's darker than Burton's Batman. Especially, Gotham city's design was brilliant. Dark, dirty, and danger. Look like a Blade Runner's city.

Speaking of characters, Scarecrow's hallucination scenes were chilly. Everybody say "Katie Holmes was weak", I think so too. She's too young. But I didn't care much about her. Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Ken Watanabe, they were nice casting for this movie. What a great actors!

Actually, I don't read any Dark Knight series yet. If I have a chance, I'll pick up them.
dejo   06-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Kenji Wrote:Visual was awesome and stunned me. It's darker than Burton's Batman. Especially, Gotham city's design was brilliant. Dark, dirty, and danger. Look like a Blade Runner's city.

That wasn't by accident.

IMDB Trivia Wrote:Before the shooting began, Christopher Nolan invited the whole film crew to a private screening of Blade Runner (1982). After the film he said to the whole crew, "This is how we're going to make Batman."

"Batman Begins" trivia courtesy IMDB
law dawg   06-18-2005, 09:23 PM
fpw Wrote:Do you have Batman Gothic?
I would have to check. I think so. I think I bought it at the time when all the historic, alternate histroy Batmans were coming out. Batman as a vampire, etc.....
law dawg   06-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Kenji Wrote:I just got back from theater, and I wanna say "WooHoo!!!" Big Grin Still, my heartbeat is fast.

Now this is real Batman! I've been waiting for this new Batman/Bruce Wayne. Michael Keaton...? Well, he is not bad, but he doesn't look Bruce Wayne like original comics. Val Kilmer? No! Gimme a break! George Clooney? No! So I say "Batman is Christian Bale!" he is cool. I can't wait for next films.

Visual was awesome and stunned me. It's darker than Burton's Batman. Especially, Gotham city's design was brilliant. Dark, dirty, and danger. Look like a Blade Runner's city.

Speaking of characters, Scarecrow's hallucination scenes were chilly. Everybody say "Katie Holmes was weak", I think so too. She's too young. But I didn't care much about her. Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Ken Watanabe, they were nice casting for this movie. What a great actors!

Actually, I don't read any Dark Knight series yet. If I have a chance, I'll pick up them.

Get Year One and Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. They are some of the best, IMO.
Maggers   06-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Superlative, studpendous, fantastic, riviting, exciting beyond belief, oh man, did I ever get my money's worth and more! I loved it, a whole lot more than I expected. I thought it would be good, but it was so much more than that.

I was stomping my feet, clapping, wow...just what a terrrific movie should be.

And Christian Bale, the definitive Batman. No two ways about that.

I want to see it again!

Christopher Nolan has never let me down...Memento, Insomnia, and now Batman Begins. FABULOUS!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   06-19-2005, 05:00 AM
law dawg Wrote:Get Year One and Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. They are some of the best, IMO.

Thank you, law dawg. Someday I'll check them. Smile
maxplay   06-19-2005, 05:33 PM
The whole family was impressed with this one. I think Hollywood finally got Batman right!

Always Play the Max!
smithers52   06-19-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this film but I haven't had the time to go see movies at the theatre since I'm busy with finals and stuff. But I've been hyped for this film for a while and it's certainly a can't miss thing for me.

I'll buck the conventional opinion of the 4 original (80's to 90's era) Batman flicks and say that Batman Returns is my fave of the bunch. Yeah the film has plot holes and silly plot ideas (the Penguin's army of penguins with rockets? That's gonna take over the city?:confused: ). But I always liked Michelle Pfieffer as Catwoman and Michael Keaton was more comfortable as Batman the second time around. Him and Pfieffer had some nice chemistry. I enjoyed the sets of the film this time as well and the Christmas setting. Danny Elfman's score was nice as well. I also enjoyed the film's darker tone in contrast to the original. Similar to Temple of Doom to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The original Batman has it's moments (Jack Nicholson's performance as the Joker kicks ass) but on the whole I find it to be an above average film at best. The less said about Forever and Batman & Robin the better. Though Jim Carrey was cool as the Riddler and the Forever soundtrack was one of the best film soundtracks of the 90's.
Keith the Elder   06-20-2005, 09:00 AM
The bestest Batman EVER. They finally got it right. Like someone posted earlier, no hammy overactors. This had plot, excellent character development and great FX. There are no existing superlatives to adequately describe this film. I will be seeing this again. I will buy this one fer sure.

keith the elder

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Jay #1   06-20-2005, 12:41 PM
I agree with the no hammy part.... but there was a little overacting in a few areas. However, I was able to ignore them.

Keith the Elder Wrote:The bestest Batman EVER. They finally got it right. Like someone posted earlier, no hammy overactors. This had plot, excellent character development and great FX. There are no existing superlatives to adequately describe this film. I will be seeing this again. I will buy this one fer sure.

keith the elder
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7