Pages (3):    1 2 3
Gypsy   07-01-2011, 12:31 PM
My mother had food allergies to quite a number of food items. It would probably be easier to say what she could eat instead of what she couldn't, all confirmed by doctors. I have seen her mouth break out in blisters, her face turn read and have trouble breathing. She ended up with dementia, and one day due to my father's health she lost a lot of her memry all at once, INCLUDING HER FOOD ALLERGIES. After that she ate anything and everything and never had another problem for 15 years. Go figure, I read every label and created a lot of wierd recipes so she could eat for 30 years and all of a sudden ...

Gypsy

"Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." - Unknown

"He got a 32 gun in his pocket for fun..." - Jim Croce
Aprilis   07-03-2011, 06:19 AM
I'm allergic to Percacet and artificial sweeteners ...

so no diet drinks for me ... I am a sugar addict!

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Noodle   07-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I used to be allergic to dogs. Now I just don't eat 'em.
fpw   07-06-2011, 08:05 AM
The Fatal Error page proofs for the paperback arrove yesterday. THIS SHALL BE FIXED!

Thanks for spotting it. I seem to have a mental block about that allergy.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-06-2011, 02:36 PM
fpw Wrote:The Fatal Error page proofs for the paperback arrove yesterday. THIS SHALL BE FIXED!

Thanks for spotting it. I seem to have a mental block about that allergy.

But we can grow out of allergies, right? When I wuz a little one, cats and dogs made me sneeze 'til I was hoarse. Today...no problemo.
Damin J. Toell   07-06-2011, 06:24 PM
I am in fear of the strong possibility that the next stage of my FPW collecting habits will consist of acquiring those massmarket paperbacks that have revisions from the hardcover editions.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Damin J. Toell Wrote:I am in fear of the strong possibility that the next stage of my FPW collecting habits will consist of acquiring those massmarket paperbacks that have revisions from the hardcover editions.

Welcome to the gang.
pkrplr4116   07-08-2011, 03:05 AM
As a kid, I had a sever allergy to chocolate. I ate it anyway. I was the kid who had rashes in the crooks of my elbows, backs of knees and in the webbing between thumb and forefinger. At one point, these rashes went away (while I was a kid) BUT I'm nearly 51 and my chocolate allergy has just come back. It just made its appearance in the webbing between my thumb and forefinger, but nowhere else. As long as I avoid chocolate, the backs of my hands are clear. Ah, well, one less thing I need anyway.

rjack_fan Wrote:Agreed in terms of true chocolate allergies being rare.
rjack_fan   07-08-2011, 09:37 AM
pkrplr4116 Wrote:As a kid, I had a sever allergy to chocolate. I ate it anyway. I was the kid who had rashes in the crooks of my elbows, backs of knees and in the webbing between thumb and forefinger. At one point, these rashes went away (while I was a kid) BUT I'm nearly 51 and my chocolate allergy has just come back. It just made its appearance in the webbing between my thumb and forefinger, but nowhere else. As long as I avoid chocolate, the backs of my hands are clear. Ah, well, one less thing I need anyway.

Rash limited to those areas sounds a lot like eczema, which is often found in individuals with allergies (often associated with environmental, not sure about food) and in many cases asthma as well. If you were diagnosed by testing with a true immune system mediated chocolate allergy, you are literally putting your life at risk eating chocolate as true food allergies are notoriously unpredictable in the magnitude of the reaction and eating foods that previously caused only minor symptoms could lead to anaphylaxis unexpectedly.
pkrplr4116   07-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I sure hope THAT doesn't happen.
Pages (3):    1 2 3