Pages (3):    1 2 3   
rjack_fan   06-05-2011, 02:57 PM
mores Wrote:I know this is beside the point, here, but I just wanted to throw it out there. My wife is allergic to wheat. Not gluten, but wheat! And a bunch of other things so I know that allergies can be weird and very specific, and that when people think it's a chocolate allergy, it's most likely an allergy to nuts or lactose or some other ingredient. So, a soy milk cup of cocoa made with pure cocoa would probably be unharmful to Vicky, unlike those chocolates from The Tomb.

Agreed in terms of true chocolate allergies being rare. However often it is milk, peanuts, tree nuts, soy or wheat causing issues in chocolate. Presumably if one of those were the issue they would know as those allergies entail significant vigilance and somewhat restricted diets. Hard to say for sure without additional clarification on her allergy.

I love chocolate, but have a hard time finding safe things to eat as I have peanut and tree nut allergies, confirmed by allergist testing.
riegfinnid   06-05-2011, 03:27 PM
considering fpw's eye for details, dont you think he would have mentioned if it was carob or non-chocolate cocoa? or if the allergy was to something other than chocolate, he is a doctor. Tongue

Reality is a 1 trick pony, that trick, Rational Thought. But when your good and crazy, THE SKY'S THE LIMIT!!! Big Grin - The Tick
Tony H   06-05-2011, 03:53 PM
riegfinnid Wrote:considering fpw's eye for details, dont you think he would have mentioned if it was carob or non-chocolate cocoa? or if the allergy was to something other than chocolate, he is a doctor. Tongue

Not if it wasn't integral to the plot. LOL

Fine...it was a goof!

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
wdg3rd   06-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I am extremely grateful that I have no known food allergies. Allergies to pollen and other atmospheric contaminants I can deal with using nothing more than hazmat suit, but I do like my victuals.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
earth2res   06-30-2011, 04:32 PM
I am allergic to chocolate, coconuts, and bananas. None are life threatening, but I get pretty sick if I eat any of them. I can drink milk so I know I am not lactose intolerant. I know a family who lost their daughter due to a peanut allergy. Maybe Vicky outgrew her allergy? Or maybe it is just a mistake.
This post was last modified: 06-30-2011, 04:37 PM by earth2res.
rjack_fan   06-30-2011, 04:36 PM
earth2res Wrote:I am allergic to chocolate, coconuts, and bananas. None are life threatening, but I get pretty sick if I eat any of them. I can drink milk so I know I am not lactose intolerant. I know a family who lost their daughter due to a peanut allergy. Maybe Vicki outgrew her allergy? Or maybe it is just a mistake.

Welcome!

That coconut allergy must be hard, they use coconut oil and milk in lots of stuff from cosmetics to dried fruit!
The Mad American   06-30-2011, 04:38 PM
rjack_fan Wrote:Welcome!

That coconut allergy must be hard, they use coconut oil and milk in lots of stuff from cosmetics to dried fruit!

Ditto on the welcome.

I am allergic to walnuts of all things and you would be surprised at the things walnut oil or walnuts show up in. I would imagine not near as bad as coconut but it is a pain to always have to check and double check ingredients.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

cobalt   06-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Welcome earth2res. I'm lactose intolerant....it's a real pain.

EWMAN
Lysistrata   06-30-2011, 05:31 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Welcome earth2res. I'm lactose intolerant....it's a real pain.

I'm everything tolerant, and it can be very fattening Big Grin.

Are you intolerant to unpasteurised milk as well?

Trying to be nice
Libby   07-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Welcome!Smile

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Pages (3):    1 2 3