Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
JF1ID   07-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Greetings and salutations... I'm partial to number one myself, even though the graphic of Jack does look sort of out of bodily proportion somehow (chicken-necked?)... I always thought he was wearing an over sized barn coat, or something... anyhow, I liked Kenji's idea of a pair of eyes in the background, mebbe above the skyline.

When are these products gonna be released? I've only wanted a Repairman Jack t-shirt since I was a 15 year old hood(1985). Big Grin Believe me, I'll definately be buying a couple.
Animagess   07-29-2004, 10:48 PM
In order of preference, best to least favorite: 3, 2 1.

Three looks the most dynamic and aesthetically pleasing to me; maybe it's the shape. Anyway, that's my pick.

Ooh... artistic endevours... makes my spine tingle. Who is involved with this project? Very neat. Can't wait for the t-shirts to come out, if that's what's being planned.

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
Ken Valentine   07-30-2004, 12:12 AM
DaveStrorm Wrote:Come on! Admit it! You're the mysterious designer behind the silhouette. Big Grin

Actually, I noticed that the first time I saw it on a book jacket. To paraphrase Elaine from Seinfeld, he looks like a walking candy apple. I still like it, I just think his neck is too thin or something.

I think of this as a blacked-out image from a photo.

Think of it as being taken with the camera looking up at a fairly high angle, and the subject is turned diagonally toward the camera. The subject is leaning slightly to his left as though he has either picked up, or is about to put down, a heavy suitcase. The subject is also wearing a heavy coat.

Any other opinions? Analysis? Comments?

Ken V.
Dave   07-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Huhn?:confused:

Your use of 'All around' seemed to be mimicking my use of 'All around', hence making me think I may have used it incorrectly and you were taking the mickey.

Less confused? Rolleyes

Dave
fpw   07-30-2004, 08:42 AM
JF1ID Wrote:Jack t-shirt since I was a 15 year old hood(1985). Big Grin Believe me, I'll definately be buying a couple.

Fairly soon, I think. The Queens are in charge.

See that little "Comments" box on the About page? Via that box I'm bombarded with requests for T-shirts, caps, etc. I've ignored them because I've never wanted this to be a commercial site and I don't want the hassle. Then someone turned me on to a site that offers a sort of latch-key operation: You submit the design and they 1) make the products, 2) display them, 3) fill orders and handle all transactions.

Perfect.

And yes, they offer thongs, and I couldn't resist the idea of an RJ thong. Can't wait to try one on.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
fpw   07-30-2004, 08:43 AM
fpw Wrote:And yes, they offer thongs, and I couldn't resist the idea of an RJ thong. Can't wait to try one on.

Did I say that?

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
nonsun blob a   07-30-2004, 10:16 AM
i don't like number three, and the claw marks seem really off in number one. They look like they're on his shoulder.
Scott Hajek   07-30-2004, 10:44 AM
Dave Wrote:Your use of 'All around' seemed to be mimicking my use of 'All around', hence making me think I may have used it incorrectly and you were taking the mickey.

Less confused? Rolleyes

Dave

Yes. And no. I'm less confused about the post, but still generally confused. You should know that by now.

Anyway, I just meant I agreed with your complete post in all aspects.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Dave   07-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Anyway, I just meant I agreed with your complete post in all aspects.

Figured as much, just thought confusing you with some pithy Britishisms would be fun. I'm having a riot. You? Hehehe.

Dave
Scott Hajek   07-30-2004, 01:20 PM
Dave Wrote:Figured as much, just thought confusing you with some pithy Britishisms would be fun. I'm having a riot. You? Hehehe.

Dave

So, can I tell you to "pith off"?

And, yes, I'm having some good laughs. I'll admit, I don't get all the British slang, but I'd like to try.

Scott ("cornfused" as alway)

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5