thisisatest   08-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Steve D
What with Alien vs. Predator being touted as AVP and Terminator Two shorted to T2, will Repairman Jack be advertised as RJ, or some such initialling? I'd prefer to see the full Repairman Jack title used, and after it becomes a successful franchise, then they can call the series RJ: All The Rage, RJ: The Haunted Air, etc.

Just my two cents.
jimbow8   08-16-2004, 06:42 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
What with Alien vs. Predator being touted as AVP and Terminator Two shorted to T2, will Repairman Jack be advertised as RJ, or some such initialling? I'd prefer to see the full Repairman Jack title used, and after it becomes a successful franchise, then they can call the series RJ: All The Rage, RJ: The Haunted Air, etc.

Just my two cents.
Usually the abbreviations don't become used until sequels: The Terminator is not 'T' and Predator is not 'P.' X-Men2 was shortened to X2, but the original had no abbreviation.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft