Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6
webby   10-19-2006, 05:13 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Jamie Foxx won best actor. Like I said, he's an accomplished pianist (and an all right singer).

At first I wasn't including Jamie Foxx, in spite of his being one of the most truly talented performers around today, because he wasn't originally known as a popular musician. Given some of the names that have gotten on here now though, Jamie Foxx most definitly qualifies! Smile

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dave F   10-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Good old Meatloaf - who could forget his seminal portrayal of Eddie in The Rocky Horror Show

Keith from Boyzone worked behind the bar in Coronation street for a while (one for the Brits)

Elvis, the Beatles & Cliff Richard - although they all sang in their movies.

Toyah (80's pop goth from UK) - in Quadrophenia (with Sting incidentally)

And incidentally I'd like to start a campaign for Meatloaf to play Abe, provided he can do the accent!
This post was last modified: 10-21-2006, 08:03 AM by Dave F.

The artist formally known as Britfan
Scott Miller   10-24-2006, 02:33 PM
A couple more sprang to mind over the weekend, although the fall into the less-poppy category: Kris Kristofferson and Bette Midler have both had successful careers in both crafts.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Sigokat   10-28-2006, 12:43 AM
I think Eminem did pretty good in 8 Mile. Not that he was spectular or anything, but by far the best rapper turned actor performance in a long time.

(BTW, I am not an Eminem or a rap fan by any stretch of the imagination..I actually HATE rap, but I have to give credit where credit is due and I think Eminem did a decent job with his movie)

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6