Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
webby   10-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Pretty good list so far! I thought of a couple more finally:

I thought Ludacris did all right in Crash. He may do some really good stuff in the future.

How could any of us forget La Striesand! Now there's a challenge - name another musician who was even nominated, much less won a major award for acting!

And I have to mention my all-time-forever-and-ever favorite, Paul Simon. Ok, his one attempt at feature length drama pretty much stunk, but he was damn funny on Saturday Night Live back in its heyday. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blake   10-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Phil Collins actually did a really nice job in "Buster" and got lots of positive reviews at the time.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
cobalt   10-17-2006, 10:09 PM
I just remembered about David Bowie in "The Man That Fell To Earth". I was so sad at the end when the scenes showed his family suffering. Maybe not the best movie, but memorable to me.

EWMAN
webby   10-17-2006, 10:11 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I just remembered about David Bowie in "The Man That Fell To Earth". I was so sad at the end when the scenes showed his family suffering. Maybe not the best movie, but memorable to me.

Oh! And Labyrinth - he was good in that too. Nice one, Cobalt!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maggers   10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
webby Wrote:Really? Suprisingly good? In what movie(s)? Remind me...

Mark Wahlberg is terrific in Scorcese's "The Departed."

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   10-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I thought you said musicians turned actors, so far I haven't seen anyone who qualifies.

Me, I say Dwight Yoakum has been excellent in several roles, but most notably in Sling Blade.

Ruben or Reuben Blades is also an accomplished actor.

Frank Sinatra and tons of others from that generation were more multifaceted as entertainers.

Elvis Presley.

As usual, Scott, you nailed this. Ruben Blades is great in everything I've seen him in. Dwight Yoakum (is that how it's spelled?) has been surprisingly good; I enjoyed him in "The 3 Burials of ...."

And Sinatra, what can you say?

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

webby   10-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Maggers Wrote:Mark Wahlberg is terrific in Scorcese's "The Departed."

I'm definitely going to have to see that movie after all the glowing reviews it's been getting here.

I also remembered that I thought he was pretty good in "The Perfect Storm". I guess he's been improving over time.

It's Thirteen O'Clock

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maggers   10-17-2006, 10:54 PM
webby Wrote:I'm definitely going to have to see that movie after all the glowing reviews it's been getting here.

I also remembered that I thought he was pretty good in "The Perfect Storm". I guess he's been improving over time.

I'd forgotten about "Perfect Storm." Markie Mark was excellent! I understand he hates being called that. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   10-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Maggers Wrote:And Sinatra, what can you say?

Sammy Davis Junior.

Now there was a great all-around entertainer!

Ken V.
Maggers   10-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Sammy Davis Junior.

Now there was a great all-around entertainer!

Ken V.
Heavens to Betsy! How could I forget Dean Martin, who I think was underated as an actor.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6