Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Scott Miller   10-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Got to add Chris Isaak to the list, one of the rare ones that is good in both categories.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Richard Kendrick   10-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Harry Connick Jr.
David Johansson (Buster Poindexter)

RIK
jimbow8   10-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Got to add Chris Isaak to the list, one of the rare ones that is good in both categories.
Of course, Chris Isaak as Special Agent Chester Desmond. Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Miller   10-18-2006, 04:03 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Of course, Chris Isaak as Special Agent Chester Desmond. Big Grin

By far the best thing about that dreadful movie and he was really funny in The Chris Isaak Show.

Scott

Mark S.   10-19-2006, 02:33 PM
webby Wrote:On a thread about the movie 16 Blocks there was some discussion about how Mos Def had done a pretty decent job of acting in at least a couple of films. This got me wondering and trying to think of another musician that turned out to be a suprisingly good actor/actress. I couldn't think of a single one! :eek:

I have hard time thinking of Mos Def as a "musician" in the first place. Big Grin Same thing with Mark Wahlberg though. I think he's actually a really talented actor. But his "band" was a total Marketing Dept. creation.

Talented musicians who turned out to be decent actors:

Sting. He's made some bad movies, sure, but he's made some very good movies, too. And he can act.

Kris Kristofferson. Very talented actor and songwriter/musician.

Levon Helm. Great musician and talented actor.

Willie Nelson. Not sure about this one. I love his music. Even though he is always great in films, he's always basically playing himself.

I think the same is basically true of Sebastian Bach. Man, I love him on "Gilmore Girls," but I suspect he's just playing himself.

Russell Crowe. Probably more famous for his movies than his music.

Good call on Mandy Patinkin.
jacobm   10-19-2006, 03:02 PM
If you are going to include Russell Crowe, shouldn't we also include Kevin Bacon? I always thought of him as an actor hobbying around in the music industry just so his brother would not end up unemployed.
Mark S.   10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Just remembered Roger Daltrey.

Daltrey will never do Shakespeare, but in the right role he's a great character actor. Especially as a bad guy.
jimbow8   10-19-2006, 03:17 PM
jacobm Wrote:If you are going to include Russell Crowe, shouldn't we also include Kevin Bacon? I always thought of him as an actor hobbying around in the music industry just so his brother would not end up unemployed.
And Jack Black ...Rolleyes

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Miller   10-19-2006, 03:18 PM
David Hasselhoff.

Scott

GeraldRice   10-19-2006, 04:40 PM
webby Wrote:Pretty good list so far! I thought of a couple more finally:

I thought Ludacris did all right in Crash. He may do some really good stuff in the future.

How could any of us forget La Striesand! Now there's a challenge - name another musician who was even nominated, much less won a major award for acting!

And I have to mention my all-time-forever-and-ever favorite, Paul Simon. Ok, his one attempt at feature length drama pretty much stunk, but he was damn funny on Saturday Night Live back in its heyday. Wink

Jamie Foxx won best actor. Like I said, he's an accomplished pianist (and an all right singer).

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6