Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Weatherford   08-25-2006, 04:35 AM
well, I love HP, but the Lemony Snicket books are absolutely HORRIBLE!! I could barely get through the first one!! I find it hard to believe the author got PAID for such garbage!!

Jack will blow them out of the water!!!! Big Grin
BrettM   08-25-2006, 07:54 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]They're only 60k words[/SIZE]
"Only"? I hope you remember this phrase the next time you're struggling to get the next word on paper. Big Grin

Brett

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
Kenji   08-25-2006, 09:00 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]This morning, after months of wrangling, my agent officially sealed the terms of a 3-book contract to bring Repairman Jack to the young-adult market. Unless your initials are JK or your first name Lemony, the YA market pays considerably less than what I get for adult novels. But I feel if I pass on the offer I will regret it later. I want to do these books. I need to do them. The stories are sitting in my head. I simply have to put them on paper. (“Simply” – hah!)[/SIZE]

That's good news! Oh, I can't wait those series! Big Grin
XamberB   08-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Weatherford Wrote:Jack will blow them out of the water!!!! Big Grin
Yeah!!! Cheers for Repairboy Jack!

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
dejo   08-25-2006, 12:33 PM
I, too, am looking forward to reading the RJ YA novels!
Lisa   08-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Weatherford Wrote:well, I love HP, but the Lemony Snicket books are absolutely HORRIBLE!! I could barely get through the first one!! I find it hard to believe the author got PAID for such garbage!!

I think the Lemony Snickets books are hilarious. Very dry dark humor, my favorite kind. I read the first two or three to my kids, but now Nan is reading them on her own so I stopped. Someday I'll get the rest from the library and blow through them.

Lisa
Mark S.   08-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Any idea on a release date for the RJ Young Adult books?
fpw   08-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Mark S. Wrote:Any idea on a release date for the RJ Young Adult books?

[SIZE="3"]I have a spring 2007 delivery for the 1st. Usually the book appears a year later, but it's all up to the various departments at the publisher as to when they feel the timing is optimal. (Definitely not opposite the last HP.)[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Barry Lee Dejasu   08-29-2006, 08:19 AM
fpw Wrote:I have a spring 2007 delivery for the 1st. Usually the book appears a year later, but it's all up to the various departments at the publisher as to when they feel the timing is optimal. (Definitely not opposite the last HP.)

So how will these "young" RJ novels affect the "post-Harbingers, pre-Nightworld" RJ world? Will you write any more "adult" ones, or is Harbingers really the last pre-Nightworld RJ?

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
fpw   08-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:So how will these "young" RJ novels affect the "post-Harbingers, pre-Nightworld" RJ world? Will you write any more "adult" ones, or is Harbingers really the last pre-Nightworld RJ?

[SIZE="3"]I'm looking at maybe 4 more adult novels before Nightworld. The YAs won't have a direct effect on the main storyline, but some characters will overlap.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4