Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
fpw   08-31-2006, 03:18 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Will 'young' Jack exist in his own universe apart from the 'adult' Jack? What I mean is, might some things happen in his continuum that didn't happen to the adult Jack when he was that age?

[SIZE="3"]My intent is to keep it consistent -- but I've been known to trip over my own feet. I'll depend on you guys to keep me on track.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Dave   09-01-2006, 09:01 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]My intent is to keep it consistent -- but I've been known to trip over my own feet. I'll depend on you guys to keep me on track.[/SIZE]
Advance copies all around.

You heard it here first, folks! Big Grin

Dave
Jay #1   09-06-2006, 03:33 PM
I will definitely buy them.

edit: for some reason, clicking save didn't switch me back to the post after I edited
This post was last modified: 09-06-2006, 03:39 PM by Jay #1.
Lon   09-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Quote:I'm looking at maybe 4 more adult novels before Nightworld. The YAs won't have a direct effect on the main storyline, but some characters will overlap.

I made myself laugh out loud at the idea of a young (and only mildly portly) Abe operating out of a secret area at the back of the school gym.
Dave F   09-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Can't wait, I have a 12 year son, so I guess he will be an ideal age when they start being released

I would buy them anyway - but can't wait to introduce my so to RJ

The artist formally known as Britfan
yellogecko   09-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Lisa Wrote:I think the Lemony Snickets books are hilarious. Very dry dark humor, my favorite kind. I read the first two or three to my kids, but now Nan is reading them on her own so I stopped. Someday I'll get the rest from the library and blow through them.

Lisa

My daughter loves these books. She got me into them, cause I like to know what my kid is interested in.

You're right, very dark humor but really good stories.

Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes, not need, just feed the war cannibal animal I.. walk the corner to the rubble that used to be a library line up to the mind cemetary now...What we don't know keeps the contracts alive and movin'. They don't gotta burn the books they just remove 'em. While arms warehouses fill as quick as the cells...Rally round the family, pockets full of shells.
tooleman   09-27-2006, 11:50 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]This morning, after months of wrangling, my agent officially sealed the terms of a 3-book contract to bring Repairman Jack to the young-adult market. Unless your initials are JK or your first name Lemony, the YA market pays considerably less than what I get for adult novels. But I feel if I pass on the offer I will regret it later. I want to do these books. I need to do them. The stories are sitting in my head. I simply have to put them on paper. (“Simply” – hah!)[/SIZE]
Hi Paul, my daughter is 10, an avid reader, will these be suitable for her age group?

tooleman
Mark S.   09-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Lon Wrote:I made myself laugh out loud at the idea of a young (and only mildly portly) Abe operating out of a secret area at the back of the school gym.

"A jockstrap you're wanting? Meshugge! What do you think I'm running here? A sporting goods store?"
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4