Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Marc   11-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Well, I'm not a Harry Potter fan (haven't read one of the books) but I have seen all the movies once (on DVD). HP4 is the first I actually saw in the theater as my girlfriend is a big fan.

[MINOR SPOILERS]

Anyway, I still think I liked Prisoner better than Goblet but this movie was certainly good. The only thing I didn't like was the opening sequence where they are at the tournament and then everything on the field is destroyed suddenly they're on a train to Hogwart. My girlfriend explained the book version to me and I can see where it worked there but in the context of the movie it should have been cut.

Overall though it was very good. I didn't get bored at least.
Maggers   11-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Marc B. Wrote:.... I didn't get bored at least....

Sadly, I did, but then I'm not a fan of the Potter, neither book nor film.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Medusa   11-21-2005, 03:41 PM
RATS! I didn't get to see it yesterday! I got Bronchitis AGAIN! Or maybe its I still have it. We're going to try next weekend!
t4terrific   11-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Medusa Wrote:RATS! I didn't get to see it yesterday! I got Bronchitis AGAIN! Or maybe its I still have it. We're going to try next weekend!

Take your vitamins!!!!
Kenji   11-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Today I saw it in theater.

Pretty good. Better than "Chamber of Secret" and "Prisoner of Azkaban", but I liked first one, after all. The dance party scene was boring. But final battle was exciting. I enjoyed darker and colder battle scenes.

http://www.walkerplus.com/movie/mwtv/mo3546_01_500.html
This post was last modified: 11-27-2005, 02:54 AM by Kenji.
Medusa   11-28-2005, 01:06 AM
Saw it! Loved it! Hated those stupid people who had to sit right behind us and talk and kick our seats, though. Voldamort was perfect! But silly me, I cried.
fpw   11-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Saw it yesterday. Excellent. I'm beginning to prefer the films to the books. I find Rowling's incessant adverbs distracting. They take me out of the story (he said distantly).

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
t4terrific   11-28-2005, 05:30 PM
fpw Wrote:Saw it yesterday. Excellent. I'm beginning to prefer the films to the books. I find Rowling's incessant adverbs distracting. They take me out of the story (he said distantly).

I think adverbs aren't used enough in today's America. Big Grin
jimbow8   11-28-2005, 05:52 PM
t4terrific Wrote:I think adverbs aren't used enough in today's America. Big Grin
Don't you mean that you personally believe that they are not used nearly enough???

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
t4terrific   11-28-2005, 06:36 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Don't you mean that you personally believe that they are not used nearly enough???

Wonderfully put!!
Pages (3):    1 2 3