Scott Miller   12-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Until the past couple of weeks, my viewing has been curbed for the past few months. Over the past couple of weeks I've managed to see several films:

dot the i starring Gael Garcia Bernal and Natalia Verbeke. If you're into crafty romantic, thrillers then put this at the top of your list; it is excellent. It is Bernal's first English-speaking performance and he loses none of his magnetism in the transition and the camera certainly likes Verbeke as well. Their chemistry really makes the movie tick.

11:14 starring an ensemble of actors you'll recognize but might not be able to name. This little thriller about how the lives of the ensemble intertwine due to the events that take place at 11:14 isn't quite as seamless as it should be, but it is worth seeing.

Blizzard is fun, heartwarming Christmas tale about the latest addition to the Santa's reindeer herd and a young girl who loves to ice skate. It delivers its message about Christmas spirit without beating us over the head. Christopher Plummer is simply one of the best Santas ever. It is now part of Christmas movie stable.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind starring you know who, but the real star is Charlie Kaufman the most original writer currently residing in hollywood. I know this movie was discussed ages ago, so I'll just say I loved it.

Valiant sucked. Ranks with Shark's Tale for worst CGI film yet.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels