Pages (3): 1 2 3   
mike36799   11-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Couldn't resist myself. With a Friday off, I heard of a Midnight showing of the new Potter series. The showing was at 12:01, suprisingly it sold out so quickly they added a second showing. I arrived at 11 P.M., and did some people watching. Just about the majority of people were college/high schoolers. I was surprised no parents gave into their children's plea.

The movie itself was just brilliant. I really enjoyed this movie better than the others. The typical humor was upped a notch, and had a lot of little tid bits that made the movie that much more inviting. I think the big surprise was this movie has a lot more suspense, and might scare your young one's a bit more than the previous versions.

Well, the movie runs about 2 and half hours after previews. So it's a long movie, but I didn't find myself even worried about the time. A lot happens in this movie, and personally I was a little disappointed when the movie ended. The good thing was it was because I have to wait another year for a sequel. This was a really well done movie.

"I have the key to One-Eyed-Willy."
Kenji   11-18-2005, 05:44 PM
I'll go to see it next week. Oh, I can't wait! Big Grin
Medusa   11-19-2005, 12:17 AM
We're going to see it Sunday! I can't wait!
Maggers   11-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Medusa Wrote:We're going to see it Sunday! I can't wait!

I didn't plan on seeing it; I'm not a Harry Potter fan. But I've been invited to a party that begins at the movie and ends in a restaurant, so I'm gonna see it tomorrow morning.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

matthewsmommy   11-19-2005, 12:34 AM
I LOVE the books but never watch the movies until the DVD comes out. I can't take Matthew to a 2 hour movie, much less 2.5 and this one's too scary for him.

'Cause Mommy Said So.
t4terrific   11-19-2005, 04:38 AM
Maggers Wrote:I didn't plan on seeing it; I'm not a Harry Potter fan. But I've been invited to a party that begins at the movie and ends in a restaurant, so I'm gonna see it tomorrow morning.

The first film was good. I didn't like the second film at all. The third one was VERY GOOD. I hope this one is as good as the third.
jimbow8   11-19-2005, 11:16 AM
t4terrific Wrote:The first film was good. I didn't like the second film at all. The third one was VERY GOOD. I hope this one is as good as the third.
That sums it up for me too. This book started bringing out the DARK elements of the story, so hopefully the movie will be similar.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   11-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Well, I saw the latest Harry Potter film today. I am not a fan of the Potter, and the movie did not engage me.

Feh.... Can't be bothered to write any more about it. Nuff said.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

mike36799   11-20-2005, 03:54 AM
matthewsmommy Wrote:I LOVE the books but never watch the movies until the DVD comes out. I can't take Matthew to a 2 hour movie, much less 2.5 and this one's too scary for him.

Yah, it is definitly a lot darker... I don't think it's one for a yound kid. Got to say it was one heck of a movie.

"I have the key to One-Eyed-Willy."
jimbow8   11-20-2005, 03:03 PM
I thought it was great. Very dark and scary, especially at the end.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (3): 1 2 3