RepairmanJack.com Forums
Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire (/thread-1327.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire - mike36799 - 11-18-2005

Couldn't resist myself. With a Friday off, I heard of a Midnight showing of the new Potter series. The showing was at 12:01, suprisingly it sold out so quickly they added a second showing. I arrived at 11 P.M., and did some people watching. Just about the majority of people were college/high schoolers. I was surprised no parents gave into their children's plea.

The movie itself was just brilliant. I really enjoyed this movie better than the others. The typical humor was upped a notch, and had a lot of little tid bits that made the movie that much more inviting. I think the big surprise was this movie has a lot more suspense, and might scare your young one's a bit more than the previous versions.

Well, the movie runs about 2 and half hours after previews. So it's a long movie, but I didn't find myself even worried about the time. A lot happens in this movie, and personally I was a little disappointed when the movie ended. The good thing was it was because I have to wait another year for a sequel. This was a really well done movie.

Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire - Kenji - 11-18-2005

I'll go to see it next week. Oh, I can't wait! Big Grin

Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire - Medusa - 11-19-2005

We're going to see it Sunday! I can't wait!

Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire - Maggers - 11-19-2005

Medusa Wrote:We're going to see it Sunday! I can't wait!

I didn't plan on seeing it; I'm not a Harry Potter fan. But I've been invited to a party that begins at the movie and ends in a restaurant, so I'm gonna see it tomorrow morning.

Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire - matthewsmommy - 11-19-2005

I LOVE the books but never watch the movies until the DVD comes out. I can't take Matthew to a 2 hour movie, much less 2.5 and this one's too scary for him.

Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire - t4terrific - 11-19-2005

Maggers Wrote:I didn't plan on seeing it; I'm not a Harry Potter fan. But I've been invited to a party that begins at the movie and ends in a restaurant, so I'm gonna see it tomorrow morning.

The first film was good. I didn't like the second film at all. The third one was VERY GOOD. I hope this one is as good as the third.

Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire - jimbow8 - 11-19-2005

t4terrific Wrote:The first film was good. I didn't like the second film at all. The third one was VERY GOOD. I hope this one is as good as the third.
That sums it up for me too. This book started bringing out the DARK elements of the story, so hopefully the movie will be similar.

Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire - Maggers - 11-19-2005

Well, I saw the latest Harry Potter film today. I am not a fan of the Potter, and the movie did not engage me.

Feh.... Can't be bothered to write any more about it. Nuff said.

Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire - mike36799 - 11-20-2005

matthewsmommy Wrote:I LOVE the books but never watch the movies until the DVD comes out. I can't take Matthew to a 2 hour movie, much less 2.5 and this one's too scary for him.

Yah, it is definitly a lot darker... I don't think it's one for a yound kid. Got to say it was one heck of a movie.

Harry Potter and Goblit of Fire - jimbow8 - 11-20-2005

I thought it was great. Very dark and scary, especially at the end.