fpw   06-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Watched this last night. Bless the FF button. Had it's moments but was sloooooow. Too slow with too many too-familiar elements to recommend.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   06-11-2005, 09:52 AM
fpw Wrote:Watched this last night. Bless the FF button. Had it's moments but was sloooooow. Too slow with too many too-familiar elements to recommend.

I saw Darkness,too. Yes, it was slow. I felt it's like Spanish movie. But I couldn't use FF button......in theater. :p

Anyway, it was very weird movie. Some scenes reminded me of "The Shining".
CANADIANRJFAN   06-11-2005, 12:13 PM
fpw Wrote:Watched this last night. Bless the FF button. Had it's moments but was sloooooow. Too slow with too many too-familiar elements to recommend.

I haven't seen this film but I remember being equally disappointed after seeing The Haunting (1999).
jimbow8   06-11-2005, 12:24 PM
I thought the previews looked pretty decent. I wanted to see this in the theater but I didn't get around to it. Maybe that was a good thing.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   06-11-2005, 07:09 PM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:I haven't seen this film but I remember being equally disappointed after seeing The Haunting (1999).

Darkness is better than The Haunting(1999).

The Haunting is one of worst movies.
Maggers   06-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Kenji Wrote:Darkness is better than The Haunting(1999).

The Haunting is one of worst movies.

Without a doubt, "The Haunting" (1999) is one stinker of a movie.

Try the extraordinary 1963 version of "The Haunting." It's on my top 10 favs of all time. Shirley Jackson's book on which it's based is wonderful also.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Sam   06-12-2005, 08:08 PM

Kept waiting and waiting for something, ANYTHING to grab me. I just cut out the middle man and hit the STOP/EJECT button. Did I miss anything good in the last 1/2 hour?

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Kenji   06-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Sam Wrote:Kept waiting and waiting for something, ANYTHING to grab me. I just cut out the middle man and hit the STOP/EJECT button. Did I miss anything good in the last 1/2 hour?

Last 30 minutes was creepy. All things fell to darkness. Check it again, if you have time.
EGWilliams   06-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Sam Wrote:Kept waiting and waiting for something, ANYTHING to grab me. I just cut out the middle man and hit the STOP/EJECT button. Did I miss anything good in the last 1/2 hour?

The last half hour was certainly the best of the entire movie. The movie did evoke some creepiness (really nice use of lighting) but never anything really scary IMHO. I don't feel I wasted my time on it, but I did expect it to be better. Next rental up is probably going to be "Ghostwatcher".
SPOILER QUESTION

Anybody here know if the rated version had the same "downer" ending as the unrated one. I was surprised that Dimension would not want a happier ending.