RepairmanJack.com Forums
Darkness - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Darkness (/thread-1016.html)

Darkness - fpw - 06-11-2005

Watched this last night. Bless the FF button. Had it's moments but was sloooooow. Too slow with too many too-familiar elements to recommend.

Darkness - Kenji - 06-11-2005

fpw Wrote:Watched this last night. Bless the FF button. Had it's moments but was sloooooow. Too slow with too many too-familiar elements to recommend.

I saw Darkness,too. Yes, it was slow. I felt it's like Spanish movie. But I couldn't use FF button......in theater. :p

Anyway, it was very weird movie. Some scenes reminded me of "The Shining".

Darkness - CANADIANRJFAN - 06-11-2005

fpw Wrote:Watched this last night. Bless the FF button. Had it's moments but was sloooooow. Too slow with too many too-familiar elements to recommend.

I haven't seen this film but I remember being equally disappointed after seeing The Haunting (1999).

Darkness - jimbow8 - 06-11-2005

I thought the previews looked pretty decent. I wanted to see this in the theater but I didn't get around to it. Maybe that was a good thing.

Darkness - Kenji - 06-11-2005

CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:I haven't seen this film but I remember being equally disappointed after seeing The Haunting (1999).

Darkness is better than The Haunting(1999).

The Haunting is one of worst movies.

Darkness - Maggers - 06-11-2005

Kenji Wrote:Darkness is better than The Haunting(1999).

The Haunting is one of worst movies.

Without a doubt, "The Haunting" (1999) is one stinker of a movie.

Try the extraordinary 1963 version of "The Haunting." It's on my top 10 favs of all time. Shirley Jackson's book on which it's based is wonderful also.

Darkness - Sam - 06-12-2005

Kept waiting and waiting for something, ANYTHING to grab me. I just cut out the middle man and hit the STOP/EJECT button. Did I miss anything good in the last 1/2 hour?

Darkness - Kenji - 06-13-2005

Sam Wrote:Kept waiting and waiting for something, ANYTHING to grab me. I just cut out the middle man and hit the STOP/EJECT button. Did I miss anything good in the last 1/2 hour?

Last 30 minutes was creepy. All things fell to darkness. Check it again, if you have time.

Darkness - EGWilliams - 06-13-2005

Sam Wrote:Kept waiting and waiting for something, ANYTHING to grab me. I just cut out the middle man and hit the STOP/EJECT button. Did I miss anything good in the last 1/2 hour?

The last half hour was certainly the best of the entire movie. The movie did evoke some creepiness (really nice use of lighting) but never anything really scary IMHO. I don't feel I wasted my time on it, but I did expect it to be better. Next rental up is probably going to be "Ghostwatcher".
SPOILER QUESTION

Anybody here know if the rated version had the same "downer" ending as the unrated one. I was surprised that Dimension would not want a happier ending.