Pages (16):    1 12 13 14 15 16   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-24-2006, 08:48 PM
SickThing Wrote:Regarding Titanic, a film I loved when it came out and still do, what else was Rose supposed to do after Jack was dead? Not be rescued? Drag his frozen corpse home with her? If Cal were your fiance, wouldn't you want to get away from him, too?

It's interesting to see how one man's gold is another man's garbage. I agree with a lot of the comments posted, but disagree with a lot of them, too.

I liked A NIGHT TO REMEMBER much more than TITANIC, though I understand why teenage girls saw the latter multiple times. What I =don't= understand is Hollywood's lack of interest in my screenplay, TITANIC--THE NEW VOYAGES.:confused:
jimbow8   07-24-2006, 10:31 PM
SickThing Wrote:Regarding Titanic, a film I loved when it came out and still do, what else was Rose supposed to do after Jack was dead? Not be rescued? Drag his frozen corpse home with her? If Cal were your fiance, wouldn't you want to get away from him, too?

It's interesting to see how one man's gold is another man's garbage. I agree with a lot of the comments posted, but disagree with a lot of them, too.
I also saw it BEFORE all the hype and before it became in vogue to bash it. I liked it a lot. I also watched it on the first and only cruise that I've been on (they showed it in the ship's theater).

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
ccosborne3   07-24-2006, 11:03 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I also saw it BEFORE all the hype and before it became in vogue to bash it. I liked it a lot.

Actually the first time I saw it I loved it. I think it was 97. I saw it again last month on HBO and for me, it was like watching a different movie.
ccosborne3   07-24-2006, 11:52 PM
SickThing Wrote:If Cal were your fiance, wouldn't you want to get away from him, too?

Rose was only marrying Cal for his money. I believe the practice of women deceiving men into thinking they love them for financial gain was referred to back then as golddigging. She was hardly blameless in the demise of the relationship. I somehow doubt getting her freak on with the boys in steerage would have been a Dr. Phil approved relationship saving technique back in 1912. Smile

And welcome to the forum Sick Thing, judging from your previous posts you're a real horror afficenado! Good to have you onboard.
ccosborne3   07-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:What I =don't= understand is Hollywood's lack of interest in my screenplay, TITANIC--THE NEW VOYAGES.:confused:

Good one! Big Grin
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-25-2006, 12:17 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Good one! Big Grin

Thank you, Ccosborne3. You don't happen to be a producer, by any chance...?
ccosborne3   07-25-2006, 12:34 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Thank you, Ccosborne3. You don't happen to be a producer, by any chance...?

No, but I own a couch.Wink
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-25-2006, 12:41 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:No, but I own a couch.Wink

Haw! extra characters for the nice computer
XamberB   07-25-2006, 06:41 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I also saw it BEFORE all the hype and before it became in vogue to bash it. I liked it a lot. I also watched it on the first and only cruise that I've been on (they showed it in the ship's theater).
I loved the film when I first saw it because they dared star a woman who wasn't anorexic with fake boobs. I didn't really care for the actor who played Jack. The costuming was wonderful. The mother was the actual villain.

Hazel Stone
Intrepid Girl Engineer
ccosborne3   07-25-2006, 07:25 PM
XamberB Wrote:I loved the film when I first saw it because they dared star a woman who wasn't anorexic with fake boobs.

Allright, I'll give in. Rose had a great rack.

Still possible that they were phonies though. I wouldn't put it past her.
Pages (16):    1 12 13 14 15 16