Kenji   06-01-2005, 07:36 AM
Maggers Wrote:Kenji, did you mean "The Firm?"

Oops! Did I say "The Farm"? That's my typo! Just simple mistake. :o

Of course, the title is "The Firm". Gosh, why did I say The Farm....? Rolleyes
Tony H   06-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Kenji Wrote:Gosh, why did I say The Farm....? Rolleyes

Because Tom Cruise is a horses ass?
Scott Miller   06-01-2005, 11:41 AM
The Austin Powers trilogy. Am I the only one who hopes Myers goes back to making funny movies like So I Married An Axe Murderer and Wayne's World?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
The Mad American   06-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:The Austin Powers trilogy. Am I the only one who hopes Myers goes back to making funny movies like So I Married An Axe Murderer and Wayne's World?

Heeeed!!!!!

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Scott Miller   06-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Maggers Wrote:Here’s an addendum to the “Movies I Can’t Bear List.” It’s “Movies that are good for one viewing only.” By that I mean, for whatever reason, I’ve never been able to make myself sit through them again. I may have thought they were fine when I saw them, might even have liked them a lot, but just could not watch them again.

Schindler's List I finally got around to watching it when it came out on DVD and I thought it was a masterpiece, but I'll never watch it again.

Requiem For A Dream is just to damn heartbreaking. I took it home to watch it again and found I couldn't.

Kids & Bully by Larry Clark both portray a slice of life I know exists, but don't feel compelled to watch.

Leaving Las Vegas maybe this qualifies as both an unbearable film and a one timer. Watching Cage and Shue self destruct was not my idea of a good time nor did I understand what all the fuss was about.

Scott

The Mad American   06-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Maggers already mentioned it but I don't think it can be said enough.

A.I. What a horrible POS that wasted over two hours of my life. Spielberg should be slapped and Kubrick...well he is dead so he gets a pass I guess.

The Village. As discussed on another thread this movie pissed me off more then anything. I am a big M. Night fan and was so pumped to see this movie. Having seen the "surprise" ending coming in the first 5-10 minutes totally ruined it for me.

Hope Floats. My wife made me sit through this one, (think it was payback for making her sit through "Dawn of the Dead") What an overdone piece of crap this was. And you know what else floats? Well it is more like that than Hope let me tell you.

~ Red Buttons

Scott Miller   06-01-2005, 12:05 PM
The Mad American Wrote:The Village. As discussed on another thread this movie pissed me off more then anything. I am a big M. Night fan and was so pumped to see this movie. Having seen the "surprise" ending coming in the first 5-10 minutes totally ruined it for me.

Thanks for reminding me of Signs which sucked so bad that I haven't been able to make myself even watch The Village.

And Signs reminds me of how much I disliked Close Encounters, which might be a film that I was too young to appreciate, but I've never been able to generate any enthusiasm for it.

Scott

The Mad American   06-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Someone else brought up this movie in another string of posts and reminded me of it. I DESPISE this movie and the jackasses who made it. I think so much I blanked it out of my mind until seeing this other post.

The American remake of "Godzilla". How can you screw up Godzilla? Well they showed us how.

I was and am a huge fan of the Japanese made Godzilla movies and this travesty had no resemblence to any of them.

~ Red Buttons

Keith the Elder   06-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Maggers Wrote:Hey, Keith, movies on this list are supposed to be critically acclaimed movies that you couldn't bear.

I don't think anyone could bear these two.

Ooooh, critically aclaimed movies, my bad

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
ccosborne3   07-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Lisa Wrote:.

TITANIC. "Rose!" "Jack!" "Rose!" "Jack!" Rolleyes

Lisa

Just wanted to second the Titanic vote. LA Confidential should of been the best movie that year but got screwed over by the Titanic juggernaught.

I recently rewatched Titanic and couldn't get over what a selfish beeatch Rose was. Cheated on her fiancee, rubbed it in his face with the nudie drawing. Took the good spot on the raft while Jack froze to death. Pushed his dead body down into the murky depths so she could blow the whistle and be saved. Then to top it off she throws the big billion dollar diamond necklace that the underwater search team is looking for into the ocean.
Pages (16):    1 4 5 6 7 8 16