Pages (16):    1 2 3 4 5 6 16   
jimbow8   05-31-2005, 09:04 AM
dejo Wrote:Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

After finally seeing this based on so many rave reviews, I was expecting more of an art film but all I found was, IMO, a pseudo-typical martial-arts movie, although with some stronger female leads than usual. The fight sequences were okay, but the "flying"? C'mon. Just looked like crappy wire-work to me.
I didn't have a problem with the effects. Just the story bored me.

dejo Wrote:Shrek.

Was it good? At times. Was it great? Not to me. Did it deserve to win the first ever Oscar for Best Animated Feature over "Monsters, Inc."? No, no, no.
I like Shrek, but NO WAY is it better than Monsters, Inc.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   05-31-2005, 09:39 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:"The Firm" Mail-fraud? All of that for some abuse of postage? The book was a fast, fun read, but the movie was pretty bad.

"The Pelican Brief" Couldn't stand the book, hated the movie. The whole story hinges on a needle-in-a-haystack plot convention that would never be possible.

Please let me add one movie...

"The Chamber" Very disappointed, and very hopeless. I wish I can forget this movie from my memory. Rolleyes

But I think The Farm was not bad,IMHO.
Tony H   05-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Maggers Wrote:Monster's Ball.

Why'd she get that Oscar?

She had a love scene with Billy Bob for Christ's sake. I felt I deserved an award for just watching it.
Keith the Elder   05-31-2005, 09:57 AM
The English Patient
Life is Beautiful
Four weddings and a funeral
The cook, the thief, his wife and her lover
Brazil
On golden pond
Puppetmaster XXXIV

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Kenji   05-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Films I can't bear...

"Random Hearts", "Hollywood Homicide".--Those two Harrison Ford's movies were AWFUL. While I'm watching movies, I thought "Hey, Mr. Harrison Ford.....WHAT ARE YOU DOING? :mad: "

"JFK"--Oliver Stone's worst movie. Too long, too boring. too importunate.

"Out of Africa"--I don't remember the details, but I remember one thing. "It was boring!"
Keith the Elder   05-31-2005, 09:59 AM
Highlander II
Highlander III

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
jimbow8   05-31-2005, 10:17 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:The English Patient
Life is Beautiful
Four weddings and a funeral
The cook, the thief, his wife and her lover
Brazil
On golden pond
Puppetmaster XXXIV
Someone else who's seen The Cook..... and HATES it!! YES!!!!
I also don't get Brazil, either.

But I love On Golden Pond!
Life is Beautiful was really good, too, IMO.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
ShadowLord   05-31-2005, 10:32 AM
Ok this film doesnt meet your qualifications..it was annimated..

But damn if it wasnt the worst movie I ever had to watch..

Pokeman2000 ( I will never forgive my kids for making me watch that POS)

ShadowLord
Scott Hajek   05-31-2005, 10:51 AM
ShadowLord Wrote:Ok this film doesnt meet your qualifications..it was annimated..

But damn if it wasnt the worst movie I ever had to watch..

Pokeman2000 ( I will never forgive my kids for making me watch that POS)

ShadowLord

Pokemon movies are like Trix cereal. Silly Rabbit, they are for kids. All sugar and no substance. I've seen parts of all the Pokemon movies and they are not great, but expectations should never be high for a cartoon like that.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Scott Hajek   05-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Highlander II
Highlander III

Highlander II: the original cut
Highlander III
and Highlander IV

Highlander II: The Renegade Version isn't bad. As long as the whole alien exile storyline is eliminated.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Pages (16):    1 2 3 4 5 6 16