Pages (2): 1 2   
fpw   08-26-2004, 12:21 PM
In The Thing from Another World when the men spread out along the edges of something under the ice and we see that it's big...and round.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Dave   08-26-2004, 12:55 PM
fpw Wrote:In The Thing from Another World when the men spread out along the edges of something under the ice and we see that it's big...and round.

The missing hand gag scene in Roman Holiday.

Dave
Terry Willacker   08-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Scrooge on Christmas morning after the ghosts in the Alastair Sim (1951) version on Scrooge or Christmas Carol.
fpw   08-27-2004, 07:45 AM
Terry Willacker Wrote:Scrooge on Christmas morning after the ghosts in the Alastair Sim (1951) version on Scrooge or Christmas Carol.

Wasn't that great? His giddiness at being alive and having a second chance is so infectious you want to laugh with him. Unquestionably the best version.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
fpw   08-27-2004, 07:51 AM
A scene from The Kentuckian.

Saw this when I was a kid. Not such a hot movie, but there's this one scene near the end I have never forgotten. I doubt many of you have seen it so bear with a description:

It’s near the end of the film. A buck-skinned Burt Lancaster and a friend are standing on one side of a wide, shallow stream when two bad guys show up on the other. (Walter Matthau may have been one of them.)

The bad guys fire their muskets, taking out Burt’s friend. Burt returns fire and kills one of the bad guys. For some reason (haven’t seen this in ages) Burt can’t reload, so he pulls a knife and starts running through the water toward the bad guy who can reload and has started.

The scene is shot from behind the bad guy. You see him pouring his powder, then adding his ball, tamping them down

– and all the while Burt’s running like mad, water splashing high around his pounding feet, getting closer and closer –

Then the guy’s priming the fire hole, cocking the hammer

– and Burt’s still closer –

and as the musket rises Burt makes a flying leap and takes the guy down.

Whew!

FPW
FAQ
Kenji   08-27-2004, 08:00 AM
GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K.CORRAL .

Favorite scene are.......Gun fight at O.K. corral. Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas,this two actors were really brilliant.
Ken Valentine   08-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Dave Wrote:The missing hand gag scene in Roman Holiday.

Dave

Oh, that was a good one! Especially as Gregory Peck didn't tell Audrey Hepburn that he was going to do it. That was her real reaction. Big Grin

And what about the scene at the press reception where Eddie Albert takes her picture with his "cigarette lighter"?

Ken V.
Dave   08-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Oh, that was a good one! Especially as Gregory Peck didn't tell Audrey Hepburn that he was going to do it. That was her real reaction. Big Grin

And what about the scene at the press reception where Eddie Albert takes her picture with his "cigarette lighter"?

Ken V.

Yeah, the whole last scene was perfect. The amount that was unsaid was just great.

It's in my top 3, Roman Holiday.

Dave
Ken Valentine   08-28-2004, 08:04 AM
Dave Wrote:Yeah, the whole last scene was perfect. The amount that was unsaid was just great.

It's in my top 3, Roman Holiday.

Dave

Great movie. One of my favorites also.

Ken V.
Mike Hanson   08-28-2004, 02:47 PM
The Seven Samurai

A true classic...and the basis for the much lauded "The Magnificent Seven"

Which in turn spawned the excreble "Battle Beyond The Stars"
Pages (2): 1 2