thisisatest   01-14-2005, 12:58 AM
Steve D
Go see this movie. It's the latest work by the guy who did Amelie. The backdrop is World War I (in flashbacks) and 1920 France (in real time). The gruesome battle scenes contrast the funny detective story and the odd characters involved in finding an MIA. There's a subplot with an assassin who's killing all the...(well, if I told you, that would be a spoiler). If you liked Amelie, go see this flick. Don't let the title, A Very Long Engagement throw you. There's a double meaning to the title.

BTW: if we get enough posts to this thread, then maybe we can post some spoilers. I'm dying to tell you about...
Dave   01-14-2005, 08:05 AM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
Go see this movie. It's the latest work by the guy who did Amelie. The backdrop is World War I (in flashbacks) and 1920 France (in real time). The gruesome battle scenes contrast the funny detective story and the odd characters involved in finding an MIA. There's a subplot with an assassin who's killing all the...(well, if I told you, that would be a spoiler). If you liked Amelie, go see this flick. Don't let the title, A Very Long Engagement throw you. There's a double meaning to the title.

BTW: if we get enough posts to this thread, then maybe we can post some spoilers. I'm dying to tell you about...

I'm really looking forward to this one. Big fan of Amelie and the previews look amazing.

Thanks for no spoilers, we can do that in a couple of weeks after it has come out here (one week from today and counting).

Dave
Marc   01-14-2005, 01:03 PM
I had heard they were making this movie but hadn't realized it had been released last November! I checked the local listings and it's still playing here in Chicago so I'm going to try and check it out soon. Looks amazing.