Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
JayHar62   03-13-2005, 10:26 AM
I would like to see Live Girls by Ray Garton brought to the big screen. Next would be Point Of Impact by Stephen Hunter, and last but not least, something from Jimmy Buffett. I wouldn't be a true Parrot Head without listing something from him.
Jay #1   03-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Like you said, we already are looking forward to the Repairman Jack movie.

Any of Ann McAffreys Pern books. There was a project at one point, but the backer backed out.

Also, either Alan Dean Foster's spellsinger stories, or his Flinx stories.

Gerald Rice Wrote:Most of us are excited in one form or another about the Tomb coming to the silver screen, but what other books would everyone like to see get made?

My personal choice is The Broken Hearts Club, by Ethan Blacke. It's about a group of bitter ex-boyfriends who have weekly meetings to deal with their bad break-ups. One of them gets the bright idea to kill his ex and convinces the others to do the same. Obviously, the hero detective begins to track these people down, but there's a twist to this I never saw coming.
Scott Miller   03-13-2005, 08:06 PM
JayHar62 Wrote:I would like to see Live Girls by Ray Garton

It would have to be an NC-17 to do it justice, but yes, that could make a great flick. Crucifax by Garton also has cinematic potential.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
jamedog   03-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Of all the movies I'd want to see, The Tomb of course, Dean Koontz Twilight Eyes and Watchers( the 80's teen movie butchered it) The Keep, and Midnight Mass.
Jay #1   03-15-2005, 06:15 PM
You forgot the Watchers movie they created after that, which not only had nothing to do with the book... but had nothing to do with the first tv movie.

jamedog Wrote:Of all the movies I'd want to see, The Tomb of course, Dean Koontz Twilight Eyes and Watchers( the 80's teen movie butchered it) The Keep, and Midnight Mass.
cyber-jack   03-16-2005, 11:26 AM
I was surprised to see Insomnia in this thread, not once, but twice. I'm a big King fan, but even I had trouble getting through that snoozer. It had some great parts, but overall was average at best. King himself doesn't even like that book.

I'd like to see more of Jeffrey Deaver's work on film and Greg Rucka's Atticus Kodiak books would make a great series for HBO or Showtime. Michael Connelly has some great potential for several movies as well, but Clint Eastwood ruined his chances by butchering Blood Work so effectively.

What I would like to see un-made is Midnight Mass. I know it was made by amateurs / students, etc...but the um...actress...who played Sister Carol sent the movie straight into the trash for me. I would like to forget I ever saw the movie so I could re-read the story without her voice in my head screeching out the dialogue.
Jay #1   03-16-2005, 11:30 AM
A part of me hopes that The Dark Tower will make it to the movies.

[QUOTE=cyber-jack]I was surprised to see Insomnia in this thread, not once, but twice. I'm a big King fan, but even I had trouble getting through that snoozer. It had some great parts, but overall was average at best. King himself doesn't even like that book.

I
cyber-jack   03-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Jay #1 Wrote:A part of me hopes that The Dark Tower will make it to the movies.

[QUOTE=cyber-jack]I was surprised to see Insomnia in this thread, not once, but twice. I'm a big King fan, but even I had trouble getting through that snoozer. It had some great parts, but overall was average at best. King himself doesn't even like that book.

I

I don't think justice would be served with The Dark Tower. Same thing with The Talisman...that movie is slated to begin production (some day), but I honestly hope neither one ever gets made.

Both The Stand and It were somewhat less than spectacular, and though I think they were good considering they were made for tv, they could have been so much better.
jimbow8   03-16-2005, 11:48 AM
cyber-jack Wrote:[QUOTE=Jay #1]A part of me hopes that The Dark Tower will make it to the movies.

I don't think justice would be served with The Dark Tower. Same thing with The Talisman...that movie is slated to begin production (some day), but I honestly hope neither one ever gets made.

Both The Stand and It were somewhat less than spectacular, and though I think they were good considering they were made for tv, they could have been so much better.
I think they were pretty good for TV miniseries. If they were made into theatrical movies, they would be much to short and leave too much out. So it's a matter of sacrificing quality by making a TV movie or sacrificing parts of the story by making a theatrical movie.

The Shining (with Brian from WINGS) was pretty good too, though they seemed to have diluted the horror aspects of the story a bit too much for my tastes.

They are making a TV miniseries for Desperation that I am looking forward to. Check out the casting for this movie:

Desperation

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   03-16-2005, 11:50 AM
I wanna see McCammon's "They Thirst" movie version. That'll be great movie.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4