RepairmanJack.com Forums
What book would you like to see on the big screen? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What book would you like to see on the big screen? (/thread-778.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What book would you like to see on the big screen? - Gerald Rice - 03-11-2005

Most of us are excited in one form or another about the Tomb coming to the silver screen, but what other books would everyone like to see get made?

My personal choice is The Broken Hearts Club, by Ethan Blacke. It's about a group of bitter ex-boyfriends who have weekly meetings to deal with their bad break-ups. One of them gets the bright idea to kill his ex and convinces the others to do the same. Obviously, the hero detective begins to track these people down, but there's a twist to this I never saw coming.

What book would you like to see on the big screen? - jimbow8 - 03-11-2005

Gerald Rice Wrote:Most of us are excited in one form or another about the Tomb coming to the silver screen, but what other books would everyone like to see get made?

My personal choice is The Broken Hearts Club, by Ethan Blacke. It's about a group of bitter ex-boyfriends who have weekly meetings to deal with their bad break-ups. One of them gets the bright idea to kill his ex and convinces the others to do the same. Obviously, the hero detective begins to track these people down, but there's a twist to this I never saw coming.
The Light at the End immediately popped into my head.

What book would you like to see on the big screen? - Mike - 03-11-2005

undefinedundefinedundefined

I would like to see Rex Miller's "Slob" and "Chaingang" made into movies. The good guys in these books are bad, the bad guys can be really heinous Big Grin .

What book would you like to see on the big screen? - Kenji - 03-11-2005

1, AC! The Keep should do remake! And, I wanna see movie version Reborn, Reprisal, NightWorld. Those movies will rank with LOTR trilogy.

2, Dark Tower series.

What book would you like to see on the big screen? - Medusa - 03-11-2005

I would love to see Stephen King's Insomnia on the big screen. As long as its done right!

What book would you like to see on the big screen? - maxplay - 03-11-2005

Medusa Wrote:I would love to see Stephen King's Insomnia on the big screen. As long as its done right!

I loved Insomnia! King's stories have so much in them, I think they're better suited to the TV mini-series format. (Bring back the serials!) I'd like to see Midnight Mass on the silver-screen--done right.

What book would you like to see on the big screen? - Kenji - 03-12-2005

maxplay Wrote:I loved Insomnia! King's stories have so much in them, I think they're better suited to the TV mini-series format. (Bring back the serials!)

Me too! Smile

This story is pretty weird, but visually this is good for movie. Some scenes were fantastic.

Quote:I'd like to see Midnight Mass on the silver-screen--done right.

That movie...? If remake version exist, I'd like to see it.

What book would you like to see on the big screen? - KRW - 03-12-2005

I would love to see Dean Koontz's "Twighlight Eyes". I think Slim McKenzie and Rya Raines would kick some serious goblin butt! Big Grin Or "Blood Arrow" by Dan Parkinson I would also like to see Black Wind as a mini series.

KRW

What book would you like to see on the big screen? - Mick C. - 03-12-2005

I'd like to see Joe Lansdale's Hap and Leonard novels adapted.

What book would you like to see on the big screen? - Biggles - 03-13-2005

Gerald Rice Wrote:Most of us are excited in one form or another about the Tomb coming to the silver screen, but what other books would everyone like to see get made?

1. The Keep (done RIGHT).
2. An Enemy of the State (with the proper anti-centralist theme).
3. Sims (and very, very soon, before it actually happens!)