Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
Matthew Smith   01-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Susan Wrote:Which one of these? http://www.crossgen.com/members/common/c...The%20Path

Susan

I didn't know they'd posted a gallery of these. That's kind of cool. As for which ones are mine -- that first image is mine (from PATH 23), as well as 8, 13-17, 19-22, and the "Death & Dishonor" cover. The covers for 21 and 22 can be butted together to make one big cover.

--Matthew
This post was last modified: 01-20-2005, 08:11 PM by Matthew Smith.
fpw   01-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Biggles Wrote:Paul,

Since many of us have not bought comics since our younger years, we're not likely to notice when they hit the newsstands. Plus, I for one would want to get pristine copies. Any thought of distribution over the internet, or perhaps through the RJ store? For that matter. how about signed/numbered copies?

Just some thoughts.

I have no say over that. But I'll see what they think. Comic distribution is an arcane science. (Maybe Matt Schwartz could work out something.)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
KRW   01-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Matthew Smith Wrote:I didn't know they'd posted a gallery of these. That's kind of cool. As for which ones are mine -- that first image is mine (from PATH 23), as well as 8, 13-17, 19-22, and the "Death & Dishonor" cover. The covers for 21 and 22 can be butted together to make one big cover.

--Matthew
Oh yea, you'll do! You have done some great work! I'm looking forward to this more than ever now! (I hope that's not to much pressure) Big Grin

KRW
Keith the Elder   01-21-2005, 10:40 AM
fpw Wrote:

The first script is due this March with an eye toward starting publication this summer. The five issues will then be combined into a graphic novel.

I'm surprised nobody has asked, but,

That first issue....

Will that be the much hoped for KEEP prequel.
jimbow8   01-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:I'm surprised nobody has asked, but,

That first issue....

ROTFLMAO!!!!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Ken Valentine   01-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:I'm surprised nobody has asked, but,

That first issue....

His statement, "At last we'll see what the movie coulda/shoulda been." says no to me.

Ken V.
Susan   01-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Matthew Smith Wrote:I didn't know they'd posted a gallery of these. That's kind of cool. As for which ones are mine -- that first image is mine (from PATH 23), as well as 8, 13-17, 19-22, and the "Death & Dishonor" cover. The covers for 21 and 22 can be butted together to make one big cover.

--Matthew

Very cool, Matthew!

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Scott Miller   01-21-2005, 12:35 PM

--Matthew

Great stuff. It looks like you can start on your Black Wind adaptation once you've completed The Keep.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
EGWilliams   01-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Matthew Smith Wrote:Two of my HELLBOY short stories ("Abe Sapien vs. Science" and "Lobster Johnson: Killer in my Skull") are collected in the BPRD: HOLLOW EARTH trade paperback and there's a HELLBOY pinup I did years ago in the Artist's Gallery on the new 4-disc HELLBOY SPECIAL EDITION dvd. You can find either of those at your local chain bookstore. If you're willing to visit a comic shop (which even I hesitate to do), you can probably still find my run on Crossgen Comics' THE PATH (a samurai comic I worked on for a while), and the NIGHTCRAWLER mini-series I did for Marvel. I've also done some books for DC and IMAGE over the years, including issues of STARMAN, SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE, and the DAY OF JUDGMENT mini-series.

I'm really excited to get a chance to work with FPW, especially on THE KEEP. I read it when I was a kid and it's always been one of my favorite books, just as Paul has always been one of my favorite authors.

--Matthew

Congrats on the assignment, Matthew. Mind giving us the story on how you landed it? Inside track through FPW, the guys at IDW, or amazing coincidence?
Now to save up so I can afford it. IDW is a bit on the pricey side (for my cheap self at least), but they are a big supporter of horror in comics.

Best wishes,
EG
This post was last modified: 02-16-2005, 11:36 PM by EGWilliams.
Lokheed   01-28-2005, 02:13 PM
This is excellent news!

And for anyone who is meandering into a comic shop for the first time in ages, while you are looking at the IDW stuff check out pretty much anything written by Steve Niles. "30 Days of Night", "Remains", "Aliester Arcane", "Wake the Dead" -- it's all good stuff. And if you are a zombie fan, pick up the very excellent "The Walking Dead" published by Image comics. It's my single favorite monthly series right now.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5