Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
Scott Miller   01-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Susan Wrote:Yeah! Where can we see some of Matthew's work?

Susan

Ditto that.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Matthew Smith   01-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Susan Wrote:Yeah! Where can we see some of Matthew's work?

Susan

Two of my HELLBOY short stories ("Abe Sapien vs. Science" and "Lobster Johnson: Killer in my Skull") are collected in the BPRD: HOLLOW EARTH trade paperback and there's a HELLBOY pinup I did years ago in the Artist's Gallery on the new 4-disc HELLBOY SPECIAL EDITION dvd. You can find either of those at your local chain bookstore. If you're willing to visit a comic shop (which even I hesitate to do), you can probably still find my run on Crossgen Comics' THE PATH (a samurai comic I worked on for a while), and the NIGHTCRAWLER mini-series I did for Marvel. I've also done some books for DC and IMAGE over the years, including issues of STARMAN, SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE, and the DAY OF JUDGMENT mini-series.

I'm really excited to get a chance to work with FPW, especially on THE KEEP. I read it when I was a kid and it's always been one of my favorite books, just as Paul has always been one of my favorite authors.

--Matthew
Scott Miller   01-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Matthew Smith Wrote:Two of my HELLBOY short stories ("Abe Sapien vs. Science" and "Lobster Johnson: Killer in my Skull") are collected in the BPRD: HOLLOW EARTH trade paperback and there's a HELLBOY pinup I did years ago in the Artist's Gallery on the new 4-disc HELLBOY SPECIAL EDITION dvd. You can find either of those at your local chain bookstore. If you're willing to visit a comic shop (which even I hesitate to do), you can probably still find my run on Crossgen Comics' THE PATH (a samurai comic I worked on for a while), and the NIGHTCRAWLER mini-series I did for Marvel. I've also done some books for DC and IMAGE over the years, including issues of STARMAN, SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE, and the DAY OF JUDGMENT mini-series.

I'm really excited to get a chance to work with FPW, especially on THE KEEP. I read it when I was a kid and it's always been one of my favorite books, just as Paul has always been one of my favorite authors.

--Matthew

The search is on. Do you have a favorite? No website?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Mr_Falcon   01-20-2005, 04:23 PM
I have never been into comic versions of novels much. however, Nightwings by Robert Silverberg was breathtaking. Very well done. Sadly- with all the moves over the years, I must have lost it, as I dont' know where it is. If this one turns out as nice, I would defiantely buy it.
Matthew Smith   01-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Do you have a favorite? No website?

Sadly, no website. Keep meaning to set one up, but my work schedule makes it hard to find the time to focus on it. One of these days...

My favorite piece of work so far is probably the "Abe Sapien vs. Science" story that ran in the back of HELLBOY: BOX FULL OF EVIL issue 2 (and is in the BPRD collection). I tend to be pretty hard on my own work, but I don't cringe too badly when I look at that story.

--Matthew
Alan   01-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Matthew Smith Wrote:Two of my HELLBOY short stories ("Abe Sapien vs. Science" and "Lobster Johnson: Killer in my Skull") are collected in the BPRD: HOLLOW EARTH trade paperback and there's a HELLBOY pinup I did years ago in the Artist's Gallery on the new 4-disc HELLBOY SPECIAL EDITION dvd. You can find either of those at your local chain bookstore. If you're willing to visit a comic shop (which even I hesitate to do), you can probably still find my run on Crossgen Comics' THE PATH (a samurai comic I worked on for a while), and the NIGHTCRAWLER mini-series I did for Marvel. I've also done some books for DC and IMAGE over the years, including issues of STARMAN, SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE, and the DAY OF JUDGMENT mini-series.

--Matthew

I'll break out my Starman books when I get home tonight. If I remember correctly you worked on the Sins Of The Father arc and also on at least one Times Past story? I am really looking forward to the Keep comic now. I hope we can get it on Amazon, I hate going into comic shops anymore myself. I want to get Mike Allred's new golden plates book but am waiting for the collected edition so I can avoid the ambience of cat urine and stale pot smoke I find at my local shops. Anyways, congratulations, I'll be buying lots of copies for X-mas presents.
Susan   01-20-2005, 06:31 PM

--Matthew

Which one of these? http://www.crossgen.com/members/common/c...The%20Path

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
bkwormonthenet   01-20-2005, 06:51 PM
fpw Wrote:I'm reeeeally looking forward to this. At last we'll see what the movie coulda / shoulda been.

Amen to that! I can hardly wait for this! And I'll chime in with the rest that it is doubly great that a Forum member is illustrating. Way to go, Matthew!

Sean
Biggles   01-20-2005, 07:19 PM
fpw Wrote:Well, the revised contract is on my agent's desk, so I guess it's safe to tell you that IDW will be publishing a five-issue series of The Keep, scripted by yours truly and illustrated by the Forum's own Matthew D. Smith.

The first script is due this March with an eye toward starting publication this summer. The five issues will then be combined into a graphic novel.

I'm reeeeally looking forward to this. At last we'll see what the movie coulda / shoulda been.

Paul,

Since many of us have not bought comics since our younger years, we're not likely to notice when they hit the newsstands. Plus, I for one would want to get pristine copies. Any thought of distribution over the internet, or perhaps through the RJ store? For that matter. how about signed/numbered copies?

Just some thoughts.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
SteveBlack   01-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Quote:how about signed/numbered copies?

Ah Biggles, always with the signed, limiteds !!! Wink
Steve
PS Great news - I'll get my subscription sorted out ASAP!!
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5