Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
fpw   01-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Well, the revised contract is on my agent's desk, so I guess it's safe to tell you that IDW will be publishing a five-issue series of The Keep, scripted by yours truly and illustrated by the Forum's own Matthew D. Smith.

The first script is due this March with an eye toward starting publication this summer. The five issues will then be combined into a graphic novel.

I'm reeeeally looking forward to this. At last we'll see what the movie coulda / shoulda been.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Susan   01-20-2005, 11:11 AM
fpw Wrote:Well, the revised contract is on my agent's desk, so I guess it's safe to tell you that IDW will be publishing a five-issue series of The Keep, scripted by yours truly and illustrated by the Forum's own Matthew D. Smith.

The first script is due this March with an eye toward starting publication this summer. The five issues will then be combined into a graphic novel.

I'm reeeeally looking forward to this. At last we'll see what the movie coulda / shoulda been.

How awesome!!! I can't wait to see it.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
APhew   01-20-2005, 11:25 AM
That's some really good news. I can't wait for this!!
Scott Hajek   01-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Please, just keep us updated with the specifics. I don't want to miss out on any of the issues.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Dave   01-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Great news, this should be gooooood!

Dave
Scott Miller   01-20-2005, 12:35 PM
fpw Wrote:Well, the revised contract is on my agent's desk, so I guess it's safe to tell you that IDW will be publishing a five-issue series of The Keep, scripted by yours truly and illustrated by the Forum's own Matthew D. Smith.

Pardon my French, but that is f*&%ing awesome! And a big congrats to Matt, pretty cool gig for you I imagine.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Lisa   01-20-2005, 01:12 PM
That sounds great. And how awesome that someone on the board is doing the illustrations. Big Grin

Lisa
Susan   01-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Lisa Wrote:That sounds great. And how awesome that someone on the board is doing the illustrations. Big Grin

Lisa

Yeah! Where can we see some of Matthew's work?

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Maggers   01-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Congratulations to FPW and Matt, and hooray for the rest of us who will get to see it.

Now here is my dumb question. I haven't bought comic books since I was a kid. Where would one purchase this?

Or can we get some sort of special edition that may even be signed by the author and illustrator? Do you even do that with comic books?

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Scott Miller   01-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Maggers Wrote:Congratulations to FPW and Matt, and hooray for the rest of us who will get to see it.

Now here is my dumb question. I haven't bought comic books since I was a kid. Where would one purchase this?

Or can we get some sort of special edition that may even be signed by the author and illustrator? Do you even do that with comic books?

You should be able to find a local comics dealer in your yellow pages and if they don't carry it, they will undoubtedly be able to tell you how or where to do so. I don't know, FPW is notoriously stingy with his signature.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5