Pages (3):    1 2 3
Bawp   12-09-2004, 05:44 AM
Well I finished Reprisal last night. I was up until 2.30am reading it. Now I need to read Nightworld again...I think I'll get so much more stuff right (like why Bill and Carol are there for starters - I'm not sure if I really figured that out last time.)

But right, near the start of the last chapter I think there's a bit of a weird misprint. I'll just post it here:

'Traffic was saturday morning light but she stayed to the right, not trusting her exhausted reflexes at higher speeds. The sun hadn could dog your steps all day long and you'd never notice him.
Glaeken liked Jack, felt a rapport with him on a very fundamental level. Perhaps because Jack reminded him of himself in another ea, another epoch, when he was that age. A warrior. He sensed the strength coiled within the man: not mere physical strength, although he knew there was plenty of that in his wiry muscles, but inner strength. A toughness, a resolve to see a task through to the end. He oom and stared in shock.
The room was empty. Stripped.'

Bizarre eh? I'm positive that's from Nightworld, so how did it end up in the middle of a paragraph about Lisl returning to Rafe's home?

Anyway, I still think the Keep or Nightworld is my favourite of the AC, although I think Reprisal comes a pretty close third. What he did to Danny man....just to get at Bill, that was just wrong.

'I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.'
Dave   12-09-2004, 08:07 AM
Bawp Wrote:But right, near the start of the last chapter I think there's a bit of a weird misprint. I'll just post it here:

'Traffic was saturday morning light but she stayed to the right, not trusting her exhausted reflexes at higher speeds. The sun hadn could dog your steps all day long and you'd never notice him.
Glaeken liked Jack, felt a rapport with him on a very fundamental level. Perhaps because Jack reminded him of himself in another ea, another epoch, when he was that age. A warrior. He sensed the strength coiled within the man: not mere physical strength, although he knew there was plenty of that in his wiry muscles, but inner strength. A toughness, a resolve to see a task through to the end. He oom and stared in shock.
The room was empty. Stripped.'

Bizarre eh? I'm positive that's from Nightworld, so how did it end up in the middle of a paragraph about Lisl returning to Rafe's home?

Is this in the FAQ, Aphew?

Well Bawp, you're not the first to notice. It is only a misprint in the hardcover and the excuse was a glitch on Paul's computer which merged that line from Nightworld into Reprisal. Paul pretty much wrote all three together (Reborn, Reprisal, Nightworld), so in this case one bled into the other by accident. It was corrected for the paperback.

Now what will you read over Christmas break?

Dave
Bawp   12-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Aaaah. Thanks for explaining that...when I first read it I thought it was something to do with my sleep deprivation. It didn't help that five minutes later I had the police hammering on my door (don't ask - the joys of student accomadation!).

As to what I'm going to read over christmas...well I'm going to re-read the Keep and Nightworld of course! I also have to read the final installment of the Dark Tower, and about 6 other books my friend gave to me. So lots! Big Grin My problem is, when I get into a book, I won't put it down until I'm finished...

jimbow8   12-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Bawp Wrote:Aaaah. Thanks for explaining that...when I first read it I thought it was something to do with my sleep deprivation. It didn't help that five minutes later I had the police hammering on my door (don't ask - the joys of student accomadation!).

As to what I'm going to read over christmas...well I'm going to re-read the Keep and Nightworld of course! I also have to read the final installment of the Dark Tower, and about 6 other books my friend gave to me. So lots! Big Grin My problem is, when I get into a book, I won't put it down until I'm finished...
I am working on Dark Tower 7 right now. I'm a slow reader. I can't wait to finish it so that I can read the discussion thread on this board.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
APhew   12-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Dave Wrote:Is this in the FAQ, Aphew?

Yes it is. Click on the link below to the FAQ and then click on the word ERRATA at the top of the page.
Bawp   12-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Quote:I am working on Dark Tower 7 right now. I'm a slow reader. I can't wait to finish it so that I can read the discussion thread on this board.

I read Wolves of Calla and Song of Susannah over the course of 4 days. I can be a very slow reader, but like I said, once I get started on some things I won't put them down - which can be very annoying. I'd taken those two books on holiday with me to last me 2 weeks. I ended up having to buy more books to read!

jimbow8   12-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Bawp Wrote:I read Wolves of Calla and Song of Susannah over the course of 4 days. I can be a very slow reader, but like I said, once I get started on some things I won't put them down - which can be very annoying. I'd taken those two books on holiday with me to last me 2 weeks. I ended up having to buy more books to read!
I've been working on DT7 for 2-3 weeks now. That's how slow I am. I probably have another week to go at least. I only read at lunch and bedtime usually.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (3):    1 2 3