Pages (3):    1 2 3   
jimbow8   12-08-2004, 10:13 AM
fpw Wrote:Blew away my agent and editor too: "You can't DO that!"

Oh yes I can.
If only more writers had the cajones to say that to their editor!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   12-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Dave Wrote:Great book, one of my faves. And whether conscious or not, it does have undertones of the AC, even though it officially remains seperate.

Dave

Dave,
I think there are more than undertones of the AC in BLACK WIND. "Demonsong," about the beginning of R-----m (don't even want to write his name!), and BLACK WIND are more closely linked than even FPW knew or, better put, remembered.

Maggers

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Dave   12-08-2004, 11:48 AM
fpw Wrote:Blew away my agent and editor too: "You can't DO that!"

Oh yes I can.

LOL, I can imagine. I had to stop for a moment and re-read it.

You can do that? Wow.

Dave
Dave   12-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Maggers Wrote:Dave,
I think there are more than undertones of the AC in BLACK WIND. "Demonsong," about the beginning of R-----m (don't even want to write his name!), and BLACK WIND are more closely linked than even FPW knew or, better put, remembered.

Maggers

I am one of those that would like Black Wind brought into the Cycle.

Maybe one of Jack's adventures could touch on it. I sound like Mike (Hanson) now. Big Grin

Dave
Bawp   12-08-2004, 06:39 PM
I must admit, my initial reaction to what happened to Jim was very similar to FPW's editor. I kind of read it...turned the page and stopped. And thought...did I just read that? Of course it pales in comparison to what happens to Will in Reprisal (read a bit more Big Grin ). I know it's a little late but for goodness sake FPW - give the guy a break! First his parents...and then Danny....

Sara Lom though. The name made me smile.

'I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.'
Baxx   12-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Reprisal's my favorite in the series, although difficult to read at times. That's mostly due to the extreme horror and disturbing images. The stuff that happens in that book is just so freakin evil . I loved it.

-Fitter, happier, more productive...A pig in a cage,
on antibiotics. - Radiohead

-I got a molotov cocktail with a match to go, I smoke
my cigarette with style - G n R
jimbow8   12-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Dave Wrote:I am one of those that would like Black Wind brought into the Cycle.

Maybe one of Jack's adventures could touch on it. I sound like Mike (Hanson) now. Big Grin

Dave
Next thing you know, you'll be asking for a prequel to The Keep. Wink Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   12-08-2004, 09:29 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Next thing you know, you'll be asking for a prequel to The Keep. Wink Big Grin

That would be "Demonsong." Although it's quite brief.

Perhaps an expanded version of "Demonsong?"

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

APhew   12-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Maggers Wrote:That would be "Demonsong." Although it's quite brief.

Perhaps an expanded version of "Demonsong?"

Heh heh... there's a history here Maggers. Myself and another from the old board would bug F. Paul endlessly to write a Prequel to "The Keep". It went on for quite some time. It's known simply as the "Keep Prequel" now. Someday, maybe, it might happen. That's all we get out of F. Paul.
Maggers   12-09-2004, 01:09 AM
APhew Wrote:Heh heh... there's a history here Maggers. Myself and another from the old board would bug F. Paul endlessly to write a Prequel to "The Keep". It went on for quite some time. It's known simply as the "Keep Prequel" now. Someday, maybe, it might happen. That's all we get out of F. Paul.

So "Demonsong" is not considered a brief, very brief, prequel to "The Keep?"

Or have you been asking FPW to expand on "Demonsong" and his answer is "All in good time, my dears, all in good time?"

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (3):    1 2 3