fpw   04-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Here's an announcement from Borderlands Press giving their regular customers an early heads-up on a new project that I'm involved with. I'm doing the same here for you Forum folks. Once Neil Gaiman's 1.8 million followers on Twitter find out about this, the limited items will start disappearing fast. (Neil is so into the Hogbens he filmed a video for Kickstarter.)

This is a labor of love for me. Henry Kuttner's Hogben stories have held a special place in my heart forever, and this is the first time all 5 have been gathered in one volume. (Check out what Neil and Alan Moore have to say about them.) It took me years to track down the missing 1st story from a very obscure 1940's pulp. Once we found it, we contacted the estate for permission (yes, Kuttner's estate will share in the proceeds) and got to work.

THE HOGBEN CHRONICLES
edited by Pierce Watters and F. Paul Wilson
Introduction by Neil Gaiman
Afterword by F. Paul Wilson[SIZE=4]
with Art by
Steve Parkhouse
[/SIZE]

The editors and Mr. Gaiman have agreed to sign 600 copies of the various editions.

Beginning today, Borderlands Press is celebrating its first project with Kickstarter! We would like to give you a chance to participate before we advertise to the general public on April 13th.

Thanks you for all your support over the years. This one will be something you will treasure.

Our book is a celebration of a superbly talented writer, highlighting some of the most unique and memorable tales in the SF/fantasy genres. He died WAY too young at the age of 43, and we’ve made sure to gain the full cooperation of the Kuttner estate so that his heirs will share in the proceeds.

He was a very special writer. Here's what Alan Moore (From Hell, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, The League of Extraordinary Gentleman) says of him:

"Henry Kuttner was one of fantasy and science fiction's most accomplished and intelligent voices, as well as one of its least celebrated. His Hogben family stories are among the most original and certainly the funniest works in the genre, and to have them all finally collected in one volume is nothing short of a dream come true for genuine devotees of imaginative literature. Read this at once, and if you've read it already, then read it again. A masterpiece."

—Alan Moore

[SIZE=4]To learn more, click this link:[/SIZE]

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/195826489/the-hogben-chronicles-of-henry-kuttner
This post was last modified: 05-23-2015, 04:53 PM by fpw.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
maibusch   04-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up. My order was just processed.
sehlat   04-11-2013, 12:54 PM
I have posted a link to the kickstarter project over on Baen's Bar.

I trust there will be no objections to my having done so. My fellow barflies and bibliophages will probably be delighted. For myself, I've already pledged, and am glad.

Thank you. I'm a big Hogben fan, even if some of the characters are real colds in the haid. Smile
This post was last modified: 04-11-2013, 12:56 PM by sehlat.
lwing   04-11-2013, 01:48 PM
I donated and have shared on Facebook. If you Neil Gaiman both are in this, I can't lose.
RichE   04-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Since I wrote the Introduction to the BearManor Media reissue to "DOCTOR CYCLOPS" by Will Garth (that contains the original Henry Kuttner short story version as well), this is wonderful news!
clintocr   04-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Thank you for the heads up. Looking forward to it.
fpw   04-11-2013, 04:07 PM
All 5 stories - togethah forevah! This has been years in the making. Borderlands will do its usual beautiful job with the books and you lucky folks won't have to hunt down the stories one by one. You can read them all back to back in one place.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Damin J. Toell   04-11-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm in.
RichE   04-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Now if you guys can only tackle Seabury Quinn's Jules de Grandin's tales! Bliss!!