Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Scott Miller   10-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Tony H Wrote:Yes. And weaving my head from side to side.

Probably stood up fast, sent the chair flying, spun and jammed the enter key with authority too.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Ken Valentine   10-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Crimson King Wrote:The First Age was called The First Age of Man. I believe humans popped up around 256 million years ago, and I believe the First Age implies we became conscious and evolved then the cataclysm reset us.

I really, really, really would love a book that cover Rasalom's life from First Age birth to being trapped in The Keep.
As I understand it, the Apes (Gorilla's, Orangutans, Chimpanzees, and Humans) split off from monkeys around 40 million years ago.
Humans didn't split away from Chimpanzees until about five million years ago.
fpw   10-22-2011, 08:58 AM
The 15,000 years is a bit arbitrary. I wanted the First Age to predate Sumer. It's amazing when you study ancient civilizations and their myths - every single one of them describes a Great Cataclysm - maybe some memory of the Toba volcano and the violent worldwide climate changes it caused. Something happened, or else the trope wouldn't be so consistent.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Crimson King   10-22-2011, 08:12 PM
fpw Wrote:The 15,000 years is a bit arbitrary. I wanted the First Age to predate Sumer. It's amazing when you study ancient civilizations and their myths - every single one of them describes a Great Cataclysm - maybe some memory of the Toba volcano and the violent worldwide climate changes it caused. Something happened, or else the trope wouldn't be so consistent.

Have you ever read or heard of Graham Hancock? He suggests that the pyramids are much older than we believe, and his assertions are interesting. I have heard great things about his book "Fingerprints of the gods."

Not saying he is correct, but it does offer an explanation to your research.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-25-2011, 05:26 PM
I've read there's evidence the mighty Pyramids were once under water.

This old Fortean is very open to the ah-deer there were civilizations before those we know about.

The Baghdad battery, for example.
L Paul Wynn   10-25-2011, 05:30 PM
If the pyramids were under water like a lot of US homes, Who held the mortgage?

186,000 Miles per Second. Its not just a good idea, its the law.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-25-2011, 05:35 PM
That's the big question. I suspect the Atlanteans, but they were up to their necks too.
L Paul Wynn   10-25-2011, 05:41 PM
In F. Pauls world that should have been the Atalayans (See Nightdive in Soft and Others) instead of the Atalanteans, but I see your point.

Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-25-2011, 05:46 PM
It would be nice to see a book cataloging what Ivan Sanderson called OOPARTS (out-of-place artifacts). But like everything Fortean, there's just enough evidence to convince those whose minds are comfortable swimming those waters, and never quite enough to convince the PSICOPters.
L Paul Wynn   10-25-2011, 05:57 PM
I am not familiar with the term PSICOPters. Please enlighten.

Pages (3):    1 2 3