Pages (8):    1 3 4 5 6 7 8   
Tony H   07-29-2011, 08:05 PM
fpw Wrote:Spot on, Maggers. I don't like to see someone being taken advantage of (yucky construction - sorry) and that seemed to be the thrust of all the early AD episodes. I never came back. And Gervais's The Office made me squirm rather than laugh. He's brilliant in his ability to do that, but it's not a feeling I'm seeking out. But Curb...I simply hate Larry David - or at least the character he plays. If he's playing himself, then I hate him.

He is a loathsome character. He is playing an exaggerated version of himself. I have seen him in interviews and he is not as mean-spirited/idiotic as his character, but still overbearing. I have to admit, while watching CYE it gets so uncomfortably awkward that I sometime bury my face in my hands until the scene is over.

I guess it is a testament to the acting that they can get that kind of reaction out of viewers.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Lisa   07-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Hey Paul, what's some of your favorite comedy? I'm curious. Smile
rjack_fan   07-29-2011, 08:06 PM
fpw Wrote:Spot on, Maggers. I don't like to see someone being taken advantage of (yucky construction - sorry) and that seemed to be the thrust of all the early AD episodes. I never came back. And Gervais's The Office made me squirm rather than laugh. He's brilliant in his ability to do that, but it's not a feeling I'm seeking out. But Curb...I simply hate Larry David - or at least the character he plays. If he's playing himself, then I hate him.

Hmmm, I always viewed the series as Michael trying to end all the taking of advantages, or should that be end the being taken advantage of, oh heck, you know what I mean.

Will have to rematch the first few episodes again.
rjack_fan   07-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Lisa Wrote:Hey Paul, what's some of your favorite comedy? I'm curious. Smile

Pretty sure he like Big Bang Theory if memory serves, which is also awesome.
Lisa   07-29-2011, 08:13 PM
rjack_fan Wrote:Pretty sure he like Big Bang Theory if memory serves, which is also awesome.

Everyone keeps telling me to watch that because my son is like the geeky guy on the show.
Tony H   07-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Lisa Wrote:Everyone keeps telling me to watch that because my son is like the geeky guy on the show.

Jim Parsons, who plays Sheldon, makes that show. If it wasn't for him and Amy Farrah Fowler (Played by Myiam Bialik) the show wouldn't be as nearly as funny IMO.

Amy doesn't show up until season 3 I believe.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Lisa   07-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Blossom???
Tony H   07-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Lisa Wrote:Blossom???

LOL, yes, our Blossom is back on TV!

Certified 100% Serious
fpw   07-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Lisa Wrote:Hey Paul, what's some of your favorite comedy? I'm curious. Smile

Ellen's right. I have a "Bazinga!" T-shirt. Also love Modern Family.

I still love the oldies too. Want to see a classic slow burn? Invest 8.5 minutes in Jackie Gleason

[video=youtube;oqc3HZuoe7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqc3HZuoe7c[/video]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Lisa   07-29-2011, 09:17 PM
fpw Wrote:I still love the oldies too. Want to see a classic slow burn? Invest 8.5 minutes in Jackie Gleason

Haaaaaa! Loved that.
Pages (8):    1 3 4 5 6 7 8