Pages (3):    1 2 3
rjack_fan   01-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Dave Wrote:He was in the tessalecter from the first. As for the age he gives (200 years older), the Doctor always lies.

The paradox occurred because River broke her 'programming' and didn't shoot him in the tessalecter suit, the whole last episode was really about the Doctor having to convince her that it would be okay, to fix the paradox.

At least that is how I recall the episode (was a few months back I saw it).

As for the diary, I'll back what the other Dave said, it doesn't contain everything everytime, and if I recall, in one episode the Doctor leaves River an empty blue book that becomes her diary. Basically Stephen Moffat stole the central premise of The Time-Traveller's Wife, which is a great read (the film has mixed reviews). The difference being he has two time-travellers, which makes it a bit more complex.

That makes sense about the paradox, and that's how I remember the final episode.

I believe the doctor gave River the blank diary when she was in the hospital after saving his life in Let's Kill Hitler. I think i'm just going to have to let this go and stop spinning my wheels. It twists my brain in a knot like when I try to think about what happened right before time began.

And come to think about it, how is River traveling backwards in her time stream? At times she has that device on her wrist (can't remember what that's called), but it seems to be involuntary otherwise she would be able to avoid having the doctor know her less each time she sees him. I've really got to stop thinking about this, but I have this need to understand it. Aaarrrggghhh.

I appreciate hearing what other people think about things, thanks guys!
Sigokat   01-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Did anyone watch The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe (I think that was the name) on Christmas? I DVRed it since I was out of town and when i did get home and watched it I thought it was very good. Any one else have opinions on it?

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
rjack_fan   01-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I liked it. The part where the doctor was giving a tour of the house at the beginning reminded me of Willie Wonka. I also really liked the end. It seems like it has been a long time since the doctor had that kind of love in his life, a family.

Watching the boy just climb through the box and wander off made me laugh.
Mala_Ross   01-19-2012, 12:04 PM
DaveStrorm Wrote:Apparently he has it on some guys too, re: CJH. I never really cared much for Donna. I was sad to see Martha go though. One of my favorite episodes is a Martha one - the one with The Family (brother of mine, etc.). The one dude was crazily creepy.

The family of blood and blink are my favorites! My whole family loves Rose, but there is something i read enjoy able Martha, beside being a doctor herself LOL. I have notice that there is a new doctor, but come on Tennant was AWESOME! For Christmas a couple years back my dad got me the ending specials of David and the end make me upset! I miss Tennant, he should be in more American movies or I need to move.

[COLOR="Purple"]":eek:Inigo Montoya: Who are you?
Man in Black: No one of consequence.
Inigo Montoya: I must know...
Man in Black: Get used to disappointment.
Inigo Montoya: 'kay.[/COLOR]
Pages (3):    1 2 3