Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8
Scott Miller   11-07-2011, 03:20 PM
baldhiker Wrote:But for me, the greatest comedy in the history of television was WKRP in Cincinnati. I wanted to be Johnny Fever when I grew up. I some ways, I've succeded.
"WKRP, now with more music and Les Nesman"

I loved WKRP as well but don't think it was quite on the same level as AD. Johnny was one of the best characters in TV history for sure though.

[video=youtube;hKF8YxWWhI4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKF8YxWWhI4[/video]

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
rjack_fan   11-08-2011, 01:37 AM
I get the theme song for WKRP stuck in my head all the time. I almost bought the series on DVD, but the reviews are not great because the music is all different due to licensing. I wish it was on in reruns, I was pretty young when I saw the show and don't remember much.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Best comedy tv? I gotta go with THE HONEYMOONERS.
Scott Miller   01-20-2012, 12:39 PM
For a rather entertaining and novel approach to the Bluths, you might consider reading Arrested Development and Philosophy: They've Made A Huge Mistake. A crew of philosophers take a peek at what makes them tick in a collections of short essays. More of a coffee table type thing than a cover-to-cover but so far the parts I've read have been interesting. The book itself is one of many in the Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8