Pages (15):    1 11 12 13 14 15
t4terrific   07-13-2011, 10:04 PM
rjack_fan Wrote:Not everyone lives in a place where they can freely travel with firearms, or with them assembled and loaded.
My wife is from Upstate NY. Handguns aren't the only types of weapons out there. There are plenty of hunters who travel with hunting rifles. Also edged weapons make good tools, as well as weapons. You can legally freely travel with plenty of very efective weapons, and useful things to protect yourself, and help get along (should you be stranded for a little while) until you get back to your normal life.
fnfnc64   07-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Alien. Not the crappy directors cut either, the original. When that big bastard uncurled itself at the end after Ripley thought it was gone- awesome!
Movies for the most part suck (sorry Jack). Horror movies are the worst- they just can’t take you where a good book can. Movies are for when you want to eat some popcorn and put your brain in park for a while.
Just for kicks here, and to see if I can get the boss to yell at me- I liked "The keep". The tangerine dream soundtrack was kinda cool and the German armor rolling into the keep at the first part made me smile (weapon systems have that effect on me). The acting was sub-par and the FX sucked, but who cares. Like I said-put the brain in park and enjoy. I own a copy and watch it every now and then for old times’ sake.
t4terrific   07-28-2011, 12:01 PM
I liked Alien far better than the sequels. What was so great about it wa that the situation was so hopeless. Any choice they made seemed like it would have resulted in theri death.

Aliens left me feeling annoyed. They were killing the aliens left and right. Where in the first one, the sole alien was such a huge threat. It would have been like making Jaws 2 with 40 great whites, and having them die easilly.
fnfnc64   07-28-2011, 10:00 PM
t4terrific Wrote:I liked Alien far better than the sequels. What was so great about it wa that the situation was so hopeless. Any choice they made seemed like it would have resulted in theri death.

Aliens left me feeling annoyed. They were killing the aliens left and right. Where in the first one, the sole alien was such a huge threat. It would have been like making Jaws 2 with 40 great whites, and having them die easilly.
Alien 2 was fun because it was non stop mayhem and destruction. The directors cut of that one was better, but it lacked the originality of the first one. You are right, the hopelessness of the situation was what made the first one so good. you don't get any more screwed than when you are stuck a bazillion light years from home in a tin can with the universes most malevolent monster as an unwanted guest, complete with acid for blood, a healthy appetite for human flesh, and a growth rate that far outpaces its food consumption. I wonder if I could get one to fit under my bosses desk? Or even a great white......?
Pages (15):    1 11 12 13 14 15