Pages (15):    1 10 11 12 13 14 15   
XiaoYu   06-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Did we ever hear further about the fixit Jack did in which he had Gia paint tattoos on his knuckles, maybe in a short story I might've missed?

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
pennywise969   06-04-2010, 12:19 AM
XiaoYu Wrote:Did we ever hear further about the fixit Jack did in which he had Gia paint tattoos on his knuckles, maybe in a short story I might've missed?

I remember Gia drawing the Kicker "tattoo" on for him. Is that what you're thinking of?
KRW   06-04-2010, 09:25 PM
pennywise969 Wrote:I remember Gia drawing the Kicker "tattoo" on for him. Is that what you're thinking of?

That's the only one I can think of... but my memory has been off lately.Smile
KRW   06-04-2010, 09:34 PM
hillbilleter Wrote:I'd love to hear the rattlesnake story. My grandfather's people were herb doctors and granny women and they had a bona fide snakebite cure you might have been interested to know during that roundup. I've seen it work a miracle overnight LOL

One thing about living on a farm - you learn a lot that you don't know you're learning until you sit down at the dinner table and realize that you're the reason some of that food is there for the whole family to eat. City kids don't get to feel that kind of pride.

We were all taught gun safety and to shoot the bullseye of a target by the time we entered school. We couldn't afford to waste bullets and always retrieved our brass and lead to reuse. We had a great respect for firearms as tools that can feed us and keep us safe. Everybody had to know how to hunt food, and to kill the foxes that raided the henhouse and the snakes that still like to sun themselves on the walkway. I'm sure part of your own childhood included taking part in periodic nightwatches for foxes. Or maybe coyotes in Kansas?
Have you ever read any Louis L'Amoure? I think you would really like William Tell Sackett. (You'd probably like all the Sackett novels, but five of them are based on William Tell. The rest are about his family members and each of them tell a tale.( A lot of over riding stories in the arch) Or maybe "Ride The River" which is about Echo Sackett... the only book he's written (that I've read) from a female perspective. She's strait out of the hills of Tennessee.Cool
Ken Valentine   06-04-2010, 11:31 PM
KRW Wrote:That's the only one I can think of
Also.

Ken V.
hillbilleter   06-18-2010, 01:48 AM
KRW Wrote:Have you ever read any Louis L'Amoure? I think you would really like William Tell Sackett. (You'd probably like all the Sackett novels, but five of them are based on William Tell. The rest are about his family members and each of them tell a tale.( A lot of over riding stories in the arch) Or maybe "Ride The River" which is about Echo Sackett... the only book he's written (that I've read) from a female perspective. She's strait out of the hills of Tennessee.Cool

I've watched the Sackett movies and loved every minute of them, but haven't read the books. My brother inherited my grandmother's leather bound Louis L'Amoure collection because he read them over and over. I'm going to have to get my own set of these books so I can soak them in at my leisure.

Thanks for the tip about "Ride the River." I'll be sure to check that one out on my next trip to the library. Smile
Damin J. Toell   07-09-2010, 02:10 AM
I haven't cracked into FATAL ERROR yet, so there's a chance that this may be moot, but I'd love to see the Kenton brothers make a final appearance. I know that there was a cameo a few books back, but a new moment or two with them would be fun.

I also understand that this is far from being necessary to tie up a loose end, and so would be a low-priority request.
fpw   08-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Tyler Edwards Wrote:I was always curious about the between years where Jack wasn't such a nice guy. Obviously he has some issues. Maybe some light shed on that.
Time permitting, I'll do 2 or 3 novels in the pre-Tomb years after he arrives in NYC and starts learning the ropes.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-05-2010, 11:11 AM
fpw Wrote:Time permitting, I'll do 2 or 3 novels in the pre-Tomb years after he arrives in NYC and starts learning the ropes.

That's good news! I've always wondered where Jack met all his shady friends...
t4terrific   08-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:That's good news! I've always wondered where Jack met all his shady friends...

Simple. In the shade.Wink
Pages (15):    1 10 11 12 13 14 15