Pages (54):    1 3 4 5 6 7 54   
colburn0004   02-03-2010, 01:53 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:You think they are in the present? I thought 1974.

Plus there was the flare sent by the others at the temple and seen by the group with Richard.

I also don't think time is going to be a factor anymore. I just dont see them throwing in two timelines going on at the same time and throwing time travel back into the mix.

(sorry really can not stop coming up with more questions Tongue)

Also does Desmond being on the plane and the island underwater not only mean the alternate world is not only without the crash but without the island all together? No influence from Jacob? No Whidmore and Ben minipulations?

Am I the only one more intrigued by the alternate world and timeline more so then the actual island at the current time?
This post was last modified: 02-03-2010, 02:11 PM by colburn0004.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
cobalt   02-03-2010, 01:55 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:Plus there was the flare sent by the others at the temple and seen by the group with Richard.

I also don't think time is going to be a factor anymore. I just dont see them throwing in two timelines going on at the same time and throwing time travel back into the mix.
Hmmm...you're right then...I forgot about that flare.

EWMAN
Maggers   02-03-2010, 02:59 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:You think they are in the present? I thought 1974.

LOL, Cobalt, they haven't been in 1974 in three years. They were in 1977.

But yes I do think they are in the present. I think that's what Juliet was referring to as she began her passage to the other side, and the flare shot off by the New Others was seen in what appears to be real time by Richard and the Old Others on the beach, before the New Locke knocked his lights out.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

cobalt   02-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Sig reminded me that there was suppose to be no more time travel...hmmm...maybe this is the present day.

EWMAN
Maggers   02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:I also don't think time is going to be a factor anymore.
I agree. I'd written that a while back. I think we've gone as far as we can with time travel on LOST. I think this season is more about the space part of the time/space continuum, which is where the alternate realities come in.

Quote:Also does Desmond being on the plane and the island underwater not only mean the alternate world is not only without the crash but without the island all together? No influence from Jacob? No Whidmore and Ben minipulations?
At this time we have no way of knowing what any of it means. All that remains to be seen. Stay tuned. Big Grin

Quote:Am I the only one more intrigued by the alternate world and timeline more so then the actual island at the current time?
Well, I know I like the New Others and the Temple and all of that. I've always loved Island episodes more than real world ones.

I really really really like to see how the characters of all of the survivors have changed and grown over the years. The meeting between Locke and Jack in the airport was very telling. Jack got agitated and upset at the lost of his father's coffin, but he wasn't raging and over the top as he had been in the past. Jack has mellowed, for sure, regardless of where he is located these days on the time/space continuum. And Locke was absolutely endearing in that scene.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

colburn0004   02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Maggers Wrote:I really really really like to see how the characters of all of the survivors have changed and grown over the years.

I'm confused by what you mean. The way I take it is you mean the people in the alternate timeline, as you were talking about Locke and jack meeting in the airport. But as of that time it was a little over three years before the time we are currently seeing on the island. The plane as far as we know is landing instead of crashing in 2004 and the losties on the island are somewhere around 2007 as they have already crashed on the island got off and are back to the island after three years.

It's sort of how I saw Juliet as seeing a future time where she was seeing herself talking to Sawyer about coffee, as it would be sometime in the future cause at the time they were just getting off the plane. That is sort of just guessing but im pretty sure we are still seeing a three year devide from on and off the island.(even though it is two different universes)

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
cobalt   02-03-2010, 05:13 PM
So...you're saying the plane doesn't crash in 2004...they go about their lives....and 3 years later they all go back some how and you have the time where the new Locke rules....huh.

EWMAN
colburn0004   02-03-2010, 05:36 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:So...you're saying the plane doesn't crash in 2004...they go about their lives....and 3 years later they all go back some how and you have the time where the new Locke rules....huh.

No I'm saying the way I took the premiere is that there are two different timelines going and both those timelines are in two different times. The one on the island is at current time or 2007/2008 whenever Ajira 316 landed on the island. These people are the people who have gone through everything that we have seen this far on lost. Then we have the people on Oceanic 815 on the premiere and the plane doesnt crash. As far as we know that is still 2004 where the plane doesnt crash and these people as of now have no knowledge and recolection of the island. I think the question is are these timelines being shown parallel. As in if its 2007 on island is it at the same time its 2004 on the landing plane? Or is it 2007 in both timelines currently but we are just seeing the past of one timeline?

Maggers   02-03-2010, 05:40 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:I'm confused by what you mean. The way I take it is you mean the people in the alternate timeline...
Nope, I'm talking about the characters as we have seen them grow and mature FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE SERIES.

To hell with timelines and past and future and alternate realities. These individuals have been tossed around in time and now, seemingly, space, and they are growing and maturing and becoming the people they've always wanted to be but never knew they could be. THAT IS THE POINT OF THIS WHOLE SERIES, in my opinion.

It's about emotional growth and maturity, and my god, it's taken alot for these guys to get whatever messages they needed to get.

Like Kate needed to stop running and think about others (through her life with Aaron), and yes, she apparently is still running in her alternate life, but we don't have the information yet to comment cogently on the new story lines.

Jack is calming down and losing his need to control everything.

Hurley is manning up and growing up and seems to be willing to take charge now and again.

Forget where and when you see the characters, just watch how they have blossomed since the first episode.

This whole series is about RELATIONSHIPS. They are all connected. We've known that since the beginning. Little by little the interconnections have been revealed, and probably more will come. This show is not just about sci-fi fantasy stuff. It's about people living through and surviving those crazy sci-fi fantasy situations and growing and maturing and becoming better human beings as a result.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

colburn0004   02-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Maggers Wrote:Nope, I'm talking about the characters as we have seen them grow and mature FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE SERIES.

To hell with timelines and past and future and alternate realities. These individuals have been tossed around in time and now, seemingly, space, and they are growing and maturing and becoming the people they've always wanted to be but never knew they could be. THAT IS THE POINT OF THIS WHOLE SERIES, in my opinion.

It's about emotional growth and maturity, and my god, it's taken alot for these guys to get whatever messages they needed to get.

Like Kate needed to stop running and think about others (through her life with Aaron), and yes, she apparently is still running in her alternate life, but we don't have the information yet to comment cogently on the new story lines.

Jack is calming down and losing his need to control everything.

Hurley is manning up and growing up and seems to be willing to take charge now and again.

Forget where and when you see the characters, just watch how they have blossomed since the first episode.

This whole series is about RELATIONSHIPS. They are all connected. We've known that since the beginning. Little by little the interconnections have been revealed, and probably more will come. This show is not just about sci-fi fantasy stuff. It's about people living through and surviving those crazy sci-fi fantasy situations and growing and maturing and becoming better human beings as a result.

Ok now im on the same page with you Big Grin I absolutely agree, I think that is why I found the scenes of them landing instead of crashing on the island so sad. I thought it was so telling that Locke lied to Boone about his walk about, and Sun staring at Rose and Bernard, and how Jin treated Sun at the airport. I thought seeing how these people were and how much they have changed is so great. I found that the story of them landing and not having the opportunity to grow, as the island gave them, very sad.

Pages (54):    1 3 4 5 6 7 54