Pages (54):    1 2 3 4 5 54   
cobalt   02-02-2010, 03:17 PM
I remember Locke in a wheelchair at the office of that adventure company in Australia. Then I think I remember him in the airport....sitting in his chair...peeved.

EWMAN
Maggers   02-02-2010, 07:08 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:... I don't really remember seeing Locke there. Does anyone else remember a scene with him at the airport? I'm fairly certain im wrong and we have seen him I just can't think of it.

Locke was most definitely in the airport in a wheelchair and seen by Rose (Locke picked up a medicine bottle that Rose had dropped) and Michael and Walt, though I don't remember their exact interchange. Could be Locke was just rolling by in the background or foreground of a scene with Michael and Walt.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

cobalt   02-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Who's ready for an evening of LOST!!! :itsme:

EWMAN
Maggers   02-02-2010, 11:55 PM
I know this will sound like I'm claiming knowledge that I only just discovered.... but in watching the previous episodes over and over, I realized that when Ben visited the Smoke Monster to be judged and his daughter appeared, I noticed the following: Locke was not around when Alex was, and neither Alex nor Locke were around when the Smoke Monster was. None of those three appeared together. Based on that, along with Christian and Locke, that is, the new Locke, never appearing together, I guessed that they were all manifestations of the Smoke Monster, who was a manifestation of the Man in Black.

Did I guess right? It's funny, I was going to post this earlier, before the show began, but I thought that it couldn't possibly be right and probably wasn't important.

Woot! I'm listening to Carleton Cuse and Lindelof on Jimmy Kimmel, and Cuse confirmed that I was right! The New Locke is the Smoke Monster. And I figured that out before tonight! Wow. I'm sort of proud of myself.
This post was last modified: 02-03-2010, 02:49 AM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Scott Miller   02-03-2010, 01:10 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Who's ready for an evening of LOST!!! :itsme:

You're lost every evening. Big Grin

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
cobalt   02-03-2010, 01:21 AM
In the writers infinite wisdom....we have 2 alternate story lines. One back on the island after the bomb goes off in 1974... and another back on the plane...then LAX in 2006 or 2007.

Now I think the island is Atlantis...or at least what the story of Atlantis was based on. Did anyone else notice that as the plane flew on....you saw the island under water? In the temple, those symbols from the hatch were there all over the walls.
The man in black/the new Locke is the smoke monster. Now I can see where the war will draw it's sides. Those inside the temple...and those out.

I also think all those alive on the plane are stretching for a memory...but it's like it's beyond them, and WTF was Desmond doing on the plane...then he disappears?

Oh...and evil Ben...I hope he's one of the first casualties. For someone that was purported to be all knowing....well...guess what? He was wrong...he was duped...serves him right.

Ok....jumble of thoughts and ideas...over...for now.

EWMAN
cobalt   02-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:You're lost every evening. Big Grin

Hey! lol It depends...I get lost in lots of things...all the time...every chance I get. :prrr:

EWMAN
Medusa   02-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Spoilers most definately!

I really enjoyed tonight's opening episode but damn am I confused. The two alternate realities are freaking me out. But boy, has John Locke turning into a really cool evil being. Ben seems to have turned into a bit of a wuss.

Back to the usual. Waiting impatiently for next week's episode!

Just an observation: they seemed to do pretty well with everyone looking like they did in the first season except for Boone. I almost didn't recognize him.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Maggers   02-03-2010, 03:52 AM
I'm hazarding a guess here. Editing is so important on this show. In leaving one scene, there is almost always a direct link to the next, though you may not know it as you watch it. It gets revealed later, sometimes years later.

When the New Locke stormed out of the statue and meets Richard Alpert on the beach, he says to Richard, "good to see you out of those chains." Richard looks shocked and then horrified and says, "You!" New Locke swiftlly karate chops Richard's larynx, cracks his neck and throws him down. Then New Locke hoists an unconscious or possibly dead Richard onto his back and stalks off into the jungle.

The next scene is in the temple, and after some desultory conversation amongst the 815 Survivors, Sayid arises, seemingly from the dead.

If Richard indeed is dead, which, given the wicked chop to the larynx that New Locke gave him he could be, perhaps it's his spirit that rose up within Sayid. That would be incredibly cool for Sayid to be the new consigliere for The Island.

Just a guess....

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Alvin Fox   02-03-2010, 04:17 AM
I was thinking the "Good to see you out of your chains" quote could have two meanings. One is that Richard is free from Jacob because wasn't Jacob keeping him that way? So Richard is free from remaining ageless on the island. Two could be that Richard did arrive as a slave on the Black Rock.

Also, I just heard it once but revived Sayid didn't sound like Sayid. I did notice Miles' odd look a minute before Sayid woke. Almost like, 'This guy isn't dead.'

Do you think the alternate realities will run through the end? To show the viewers how crappy everyone's life would be if they hadn't gone to the island? In the alternate reality Desmond would have never crashed on the island three years prior. Who knows why he was flying out of Sydney.
Pages (54):    1 2 3 4 5 54