Pages (2):    1 2
Lisa   03-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Oh, good. From what I've heard the R-rated version is quite lacking (I've never seen it). There's also another uncut version which has several more minutes of footage than the American unrated one. I only have the American one.

Lisa
Animagess   03-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Peter Jackson did Dead Alive? I'd heard of Bad Taste and Dead Alive, but I didn't know he did both of 'em.

I'm also curious about... The Cars That Ate Paris!

Also, speaking of schlock, has anyone seen those Moreau movies Jack likes so much? One of 'em was on the Scream channel a while ago but I never got through the whole thing.

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
jimbow8   03-23-2004, 05:16 PM
The Island of Dr Moreau from the 70's (?) is awesome (well, maybe not awesome, but good anyway). The more recent version with Val Kilmer is total and utter crap, mainly IMHO because Marlon Brando has become a fat, stupid, contemptible, arrogant bastard! Wink

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Marc   03-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Since we're on a Peter Jackson conversation has anyone seen Meet the Feebles? Truly a breathtaking piece of cinema!
APhew   03-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Since we're on a Peter Jackson conversation has anyone seen Meet the Feebles? Truly a breathtaking piece of cinema!

I've all of his films, except for "Forgotten Silver". Feebles is hilarious, it's like the Muppets on Acid. Great, now you made me think about that fly in the bathroom. Ugh...
fpw   03-24-2004, 12:03 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:The Island of Dr Moreau from the 70's (?) is awesome (well, maybe not awesome, but good anyway).

You'll think it's pretty lame once you've seen the original (Island of Lost Souls) with Charles Laughton. (Lota, the panther girl - wow.)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0024188/

' Wrote:The more recent version with Val Kilmer is total and utter crap, mainly IMHO because Marlon Brando has become a fat, stupid, contemptible, arrogant bastard! Wink

No argument on the latter point, but Mini-Marlon is a hoot, and Kilmer and Brando try to outdo each other in seeing who can chew the most scenery. It's a hilarious film if you approach it with the right mindset. A classic of bad cinema.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Pages (2):    1 2